Corsair Community

RGB fans randomly stopped working

montaunsoup

Hello

my fans were working perfectly for months now (theyre ll120+2ll140s), but for some reason i saw my fans stopped working.

The most bottom fan works properly, the second fan above it only work partially (outer ring has now RGB) and the rest of my fans dont work.

I dont know if this came from a weird restart booting issue i had were i blue screen with a memory error or what. But I dont know what to do. Please health i wanna pull my hair out!

EDIT:

ONE fan is being controlled by ICUE and the most back fan is not lit up. All other fans are on but not controlled by iCUE RGB

I thought that you cant change the order of the fans on the hub? Ill give it a go tonight though and report back the results. Thanks!

You can't skip numbers (1-2-4-5) and the product works in serial. However, that is also helpful in isolating if one fan is bad or not. If you have fans on 1-2-3-4 and suspect 2 is bad, then moving it to #1 should kill all fan lights. If you move it to #4, only it should go out.

i swapped #1 and 2 with each other and all are dead except fan 2 and 4 now

EDIT.

I plugged it abck into its original place and now 1 and 2 are working (but 3's outer ring is not lit) and 4 is lit but not controlled by icue. 5/6 are not lit.

Archived