Corsair Community

H150i Pro + Air740 ... Will it reach?

AGATwitch

Currently have Crystal 570x Case w/ H100i v2 cooler. I am not real happy with the temps i am getting...Because of that I have my Cooler and case fans in performance mode and its just loud and... well.... I'm not happy with it really. So I was going to get the Air 740 w/ H150i Pro. On that case though the AIO will ONLY fit on the front it looks like. I am just wondering since it still doesnt say the 150i is compatible on the website... will the hoses reach over all the way (including clear the ram sticks). Anyone have this combo?

It will reach easily. Despite being a large case, the 740 Air is relative short in length. It's not that far from CPU socket to front rail (8.5 inches). I've had my H115i pro on the front before. I have it up top now, but the hoses are to the front an effectively in the same place. I have more slack than needed. Both coolers have the same tube length.

The only potential snag would if you really wanted to put the hoses on the bottom and have a long GPU. At this moment, I have 305mm 2080 Ti in there. I would not be able to send the hoses around the front end of the card. They would have go toward the door and go around the side. Regardless, my preference would be hoses on the top, but just and FYI for your mental planning. Also, using a 360mm front radiator will prevent you from using a 280mm radiator in the top or bottom at the same time. They would need to be 240s when used with a front 360mm. Likely not a current issue.

I really like that case, although it has made me lazy with cable management for sure. So easy to toss it all in back. It's surprisingly adaptable. I put a 280mm radiator in the bottom in push pull today. Wouldn't be doing that on an Air 540.

Archived