Corsair Community

Corsair One Elite, high CPU temps and noisy during while idling

AgentNeo

I noticed another user had posted a similar thread however I wanted to provide some information about what my One is doing.

As soon as it is turned of there is an audible vibrating noise coming from it. My research into this PC said it should be completely quite while idle and only a mild hum when being pushed.

I checked its temperatures and its CPUs are ranging from 98.6 F to 104.4 F while idling. It's GPU is 80.6 F. I played a round of Overwatch and the CPU temps went up to 127 F while the GPU stayed around the mid 80s.

Therefore, I am wondering if something is wrong with the GPU's cooling system.

I have attached a screenshot of the temperatures. Notice that the load on the system is just 2%.

Does anyone know if the sound and temperatures are normal?

I submitted a ticket, number 180413-000406, with their help desk, though it will probably be a few days before I hear back from them. I'll follow up here with what they say.

SystemTemps.thumb.jpg.cbf0187a863ddffaf9d487bfeea11c16.jpg

• Corsair Employee
I noticed another user had posted a similar thread however I wanted to provide some information about what my One is doing.

As soon as it is turned of there is an audible vibrating noise coming from it. My research into this PC said it should be completely quite while idle and only a mild hum when being pushed.

I checked its temperatures and its CPUs are ranging from 98.6 F to 104.4 F while idling. It's GPU is 80.6 F. I played a round of Overwatch and the CPU temps went up to 127 F while the GPU stayed around the mid 80s.

Therefore, I am wondering if something is wrong with the GPU's cooling system.

I have attached a screenshot of the temperatures. Notice that the load on the system is just 2%.

Does anyone know if the sound and temperatures are normal?

I submitted a ticket, number 180413-000406, with their help desk, though it will probably be a few days before I hear back from them. I'll follow up here with what they say.

Converting those temps from Fahrenheit to Celsius... those temperatures are normal. The sound may be an issue though.

Just as an FYI, component temperature monitoring is largely done in Celsius and should be reported in Celsius to avoid confusion.

Converting those temps from Fahrenheit to Celsius... those temperatures are normal. The sound may be an issue though.

Just as an FYI, component temperature monitoring is largely done in Celsius and should be reported in Celsius to avoid confusion.

Everything I am seeing says the idling temperature should be 30 C, not 40.22. The rep I have been talking to is completely avoiding talking about the sound. The Corsair website says "Operating at 20 dBA at idle, CORSAIR ONE is quieter than a whisper and virtually inaudible in the living room or den environment" however I used decibel meter on my phone and found that my One is operating at 53 dBA. More than twice of what is advertised. I can hear it right now as I type this over top of a noisy humidifier sitting a few feet way.

I am looking at returning this thing soon. I didn't pay $3,000 for a noise computer with heating problems from a company with lousy customer service.

• Corsair Employee
Everything I am seeing says the idling temperature should be 30 C, not 40.22. The rep I have been talking to is completely avoiding talking about the sound. The Corsair website says "Operating at 20 dBA at idle, CORSAIR ONE is quieter than a whisper and virtually inaudible in the living room or den environment" however I used decibel meter on my phone and found that my One is operating at 53 dBA. More than twice of what is advertised. I can hear it right now as I type this over top of a noisy humidifier sitting a few feet way.

I am looking at returning this thing soon. I didn't pay $3,000 for a noise computer with heating problems from a company with lousy customer service.

I'm sorry to hear that. While the idle temperature does varies depending on the environment and what you see is not alarming, we can still replace the unit to address the noise issue. Please PM me your support ticket # and I will have our team look into it.

I'm sorry to hear that. While the idle temperature does varies depending on the environment and what you see is not alarming, we can still replace the unit to address the noise issue. Please PM me your support ticket # and I will have our team look into it.

I got an email offering to either fix or replace the computer and I choose replace but now it has been over 2 business days and I haven't heard anything else. I'll be contacting Amazon on Monday to have it sent back. I am sick of this.

Hi all,

I have also picked an One Elite in the UK from Scan. I've also noticed it is noisier than I was expecting. Though I have no comparisons for context. Its quieter than all the other computers I've owned..

I enabled High Performance on the Win 10 power settings and "Game Boost" in the BIOS. Idle temps are around 40 - 50c for the CPU. Is this correct? The GPU is idles between 25 and 30c. So I think that is fine.

I have noticed that the PSU/top part of the case does stay hot for a long time but again I have no context to know if this isn't right or not.

• Corsair Employee
I got an email offering to either fix or replace the computer and I choose replace but now it has been over 2 business days and I haven't heard anything else. I'll be contacting Amazon on Monday to have it sent back. I am sick of this.

Could you PM me your ticket number so I can look into this?

Hi all,

I have also picked an One Elite in the UK from Scan. I've also noticed it is noisier than I was expecting. Though I have no comparisons for context. Its quieter than all the other computers I've owned..

I enabled High Performance on the Win 10 power settings and "Game Boost" in the BIOS. Idle temps are around 40 - 50c for the CPU. Is this correct? The GPU is idles between 25 and 30c. So I think that is fine.

I have noticed that the PSU/top part of the case does stay hot for a long time but again I have no context to know if this isn't right or not.

40-50C idle temperature is not normal, can you give me a screen shot if CORSAIR LINK? What was the highest temperature you see during load?

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

This is my current One's link view after a 20 min break from gaming. As you can the GPU general case temps have fallen but the cpu is staying in the 43 - 46 range with a 4% load.

I've also attached the logging data from my gaming session of Fallout 4...

Cheers,

Gibb0n85

Thank you for the information. So one factor I forgot to consider is the "Game Boost" feature you have mentioned in your previous comment, this is an auto-OC feature from MSI. So naturally the CPU will idle at a higher temperature vs. stock setting. Having reviewed the log you have provided, everything is fine! So you have nothing to worry about.

I have similar problems. My Corsair One Elite is new and has high cpu temps. First the temperatures are okay when i power up the One in the morning (first screenshot). After 1 games of BF1 (15min) the temperatures are already high (second screenshot). Afterwards i even have high temperatures while idling (third screenshot). Additionally i have some buzzing noise that stays there constantly and does not change under load.

Should i send it back? Or is it normal?

EDIT: While doing the Steam VR Test my graphic cards jumps to 55°C (and the coolant).

Idle0h.thumb.png.ddc77a3ebcf085c534845c13b1b9879f.png

SmallLoad15min.thumb.png.4222fdc05e4007cf3d703ece5cbda55b.png

IdleAfterLoad.thumb.png.0a8c31de2a6b00568d995e6c348d770d.png

• Corsair Employee
I have similar problems. My Corsair One Elite is new and has high cpu temps. First the temperatures are okay when i power up the One in the morning (first screenshot). After 1 games of BF1 (15min) the temperatures are already high (second screenshot). Afterwards i even have high temperatures while idling (third screenshot). Additionally i have some buzzing noise that stays there constantly and does not change under load.

Should i send it back? Or is it normal?

EDIT: While doing the Steam VR Test my graphic cards jumps to 55°C (and the coolant).

I don’t see any problem. The high idle temp after gaming is natural since it takes time for the system to cool back down. As for the noise issue, I’ll need to see a video

So my Elite reached 80° (CPU) after several hours of gaming (17° room temp). The Elite stands on my desk with more than enough space to ventilate.

[ame=https://youtu.be/nJSTj8J4yJc]Here[/ame] Here is a video of the noise, keep in mind, that after 3s the microphone adjusted to the loud input and scaled down. I tried, but can't get rid of it.

Edit: The noise does not change between idling and under load.

So my Elite reached 80° (CPU) after several hours of gaming (17° room temp). The Elite stands on my desk with more than enough space to ventilate.

Here is a video of the noise, keep in mind, that after 3s the microphone adjusted to the loud input and scaled down. I tried, but can't get rid of it.

Edit: The noise does not change between idling and under load.

It may be worth lifting the mag fan out and re-fitting it, one of the reviews I read / watched mentioned that the top fan was noisy until they moved it around and refitted it.

It may be worth lifting the mag fan out and re-fitting it, one of the reviews I read / watched mentioned that the top fan was noisy until they moved it around and refitted it.

It is maybe difficult to catch, but the noise comes from the left side and not from the top. Could it still be the case? Wouldn't I loose my warranty?

EDIT: I hear the exact same noise as in this video.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-HxDfIJN5w]Video[/ame]

It is maybe difficult to catch, but the noise comes from the left side and not from the top. Could it still be the case? Wouldn't I loose my warranty?

EDIT: I hear the exact same noise as in this video.

Video

Fan on my GPU(It's on the left side) is very noisy on low RPM, maybe that's your problem aswell?

Could be a bad fan (balance issue). You should create a support ticket and have it replace.

So I created a support ticket but not that much of a response to it. Got a question on how I managed to control the fan speed manually, nothing about how to solve my issue with the noisy GPU fan. Not really what I expected when I bought a computer for 3600$.

• Corsair Employee
So I created a support ticket but not that much of a response to it. Got a question on how I managed to control the fan speed manually, nothing about how to solve my issue with the noisy GPU fan. Not really what I expected when I bought a computer for 3600$.

Please PM me your ticket number and I will have somebody look into it.

Archived