Corsair Community

System reboots and fan noise on replacement GS800

elflord

I just received an RMA replacement for a GS800 I have that had terrible coil whine, but the fan was quiet when running.

Since installing the new GS800 on 3/4 my system has rebooted 2 times, I have never had this issue previously, and the fan goes to high speed, sounds like when you initially boot, about every 4-5 minutes under minimal load. I have tried turning on and off the Intel Speed Step Technology with no changes.

Any thoughts of things to try?

Check disk is fine, and no reboot last night. Just seems this PSU has the exact opposite problem of my last one, where it is noisy when the fan comes on, and the old one had coil whine when the fan was turning off.

Trying to figure out why, if the system is hot enough for the PSU to kick the fan into full speed for a couple of seconds, why it is not just staying on at a low or medium speed to eliminate the noise.

Trying to figure out why, if the system is hot enough for the PSU to kick the fan into full speed for a couple of seconds, why it is not just staying on at a low or medium speed to eliminate the noise.

Elford, i would call CS on the phone and explain the the replacement is not working. Make sure you have your RMA number handy and I'm sure they will take care of you.

Archived