Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2019, 12:32 PM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998329
Waukeen Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Not really. Steam has caused issues with other USB devices as well.
Sigh, it's too easy to push the blame elsewhere for some people isn't it? Steam is not the issue and you know it. This is directly traceable to the Corsair driver/ICue. I say this because I UNINSTALLED STEAM TO MAKE SURE. So yeah, let's all play the apologist and blame another company. Not saying it couldn't happen but in this case I can assure you that it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
So I looked at the driver .inf files that are included with iCue and I don't see any Platinum Coolers listed in there. Could this be part of the reason why Platinum Coolers are facing these problems, because there is no proper driver for them and they use a generic one instead that the OS mistakes as game controller (hence the crashes/disconnects when using Steam, the Windows Game Controllers control panel, etc.) or something similar?
While I am more than happy to assign blame to them (Corsair) it could be using one of the other listings as the internals/controller could be identical to another one.

All that being said I have managed to stabilize this a bit finally due to getting pointed in a direction from Nick at support. While this may apply to others I am using an X470 chipset. Turns out that the USB driver being used is a default from 2005 in the driver store for Windows, there is a driver update for the ASMedia USB 3.1 Hub Driver that isn't listed on Gigabytes website for my board, The driver version you want to look for is 1.16.38.1.

Since installing that the system behaves itself more or less but I have had it occur a couple times in the last 36 hours or so, took it about 4 hours to happen the first time then straightened itself out for about half a day then happened again.

I do not agree with giving us something free necessarily but I do agree that if this continues after the supposed "fix" that is in the works, again, then they need to make this right for those that bought this expecting it to, oh I don't know work without having to deal with this stuff. If that involves recalling and replacing all the Platinum coolers out there then so be it, but if this isn't resolved soon I will start looking into other options available to me in getting this resolved.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:50 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998332
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
Sigh, it's too easy to push the blame elsewhere for some people isn't it? Steam is not the issue and you know it. This is directly traceable to the Corsair driver/ICue. I say this because I UNINSTALLED STEAM TO MAKE SURE. So yeah, let's all play the apologist and blame another company. Not saying it couldn't happen but in this case I can assure you that it isn't.
It's absolutely not about pushing blame. Steam has caused issues with other (even non-Corsair) USB devices. Because it scans them.
There have been some reports, in fact, of disconnects only happening when Steam is running. Now, that's not, by all means, universal. A number of folks have issues without Steam running. Is it "blaming" Steam? No. But Steam does seem to exacerbate the issue and cause issues where there were none without it.
Just facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
All that being said I have managed to stabilize this a bit finally due to getting pointed in a direction from Nick at support. While this may apply to others I am using an X470 chipset. Turns out that the USB driver being used is a default from 2005 in the driver store for Windows, there is a driver update for the ASMedia USB 3.1 Hub Driver that isn't listed on Gigabytes website for my board, The driver version you want to look for is 1.16.38.1.
Some chipsets/USB controllers do seem to have more issues than others. And while I know it looks like it here, it's not universal, across-the-board. That's not to minimize it - it is a major issue that affects a large number of users, just not every user. Whether it's drivers or hardware or something in between isn't clear to me, personally. The internal Corsair team has a better handle on that.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:54 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998333
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
I really only believe it when I have 3.14 installed and really finally have no disconnects when using Arc...
Arc with what settings? Random colors? Direction? Speed?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:44 AM
violentmercury's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998397
violentmercury Reputation: 10

Quote:
i think he means he won't believe it's fixed until he's able to use arc with all the bells and whistles and not get usb disconnects, which should be the case the begin with.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:57 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998398
momorious Reputation: 10

Quote:
4 inner leds static white.
12 outer leds Arc, color white, speed slow, clockwise.

But spiral rainbow also gave usb disconnects...

As said, I only believe this when I have experienced it myself as it was already told to be fixed with 3.12 which obviously was not the case.