Corsair Community

My Void USB has an extremely annoying audio crackling issue

Hello. After doing some research with the 'ole Oracle named "Google" to find resources to solve my issue (There were quite a few threads, but the threads were at least a year old), I was unable to find a solution that worked for me. From then, I decided to make this forum account and ask the question myself.

To clarify the issue I'm having, my Void USB will begin to play a crackling sound at seemingly random times while audio is being passed through. The sound itself is similar to sounding like a broken cable, but I'm not seeing anything that would say it's a broken cable (no light problems / desyncs, no device disconnects, nothing of that manner). Unfortunately I have no reliable way of reproducing this issue. I've been working at it, but it truly seems random when it decides to occur.

Here's the list of obvious things I've done that didn't quite work out for me.

• Reinstall device drivers
  • Reinstall CUE
  • Disable DOLBY Virtual Surround via the CUE
  • Change USB ports

The only way I can fix this at the moment is by pulling the device and plugging it back in. It can get very annoying at times, especially when I'm listening to my favorite tunes to be interrupted by this noise.

Is there a common fix to this issue that I managed to miss? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Xan, I would like to suggest that you totally uninstall your audio drivers and reboot, then reinstall the latest drivers for it.

I had the same issue, came to discover that the software that handles the soundboard, Sonic stage or something like that actually created the issues, once I removed it I was good to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Make sure you aren't using a usb 3.0 slot and if you're using usb extension cables try it without them to see if the usb extension cables your using might be a fault. Some of the usb extension cables don't send constant clean audio data and are better for printers and other devices.

• 7 months later...
Make sure you aren't using a usb 3.0 slot and if you're using usb extension cables try it without them to see if the usb extension cables your using might be a fault. Some of the usb extension cables don't send constant clean audio data and are better for printers and other devices.

This helped me, had an Manhattan USB2 4 port hub that caused me problems. Had been using it without issues for some time but right ear started crackling after some driver updates.

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

So I recently started getting this issue with my beloved VOID Wireless Gaming Headset and it progressively got worse.

But I have found a permanent fix for it and can now listen to multimedia without constant audio popping or cracking that was driving me insane.

The issue isn't actually with the product but the default driver Windows 10 installs when you insert the dongle into a USB port for the first time and becuase iCUE sees the driver already installed it uses that faulty one instead of the correct Corsair OEM Driver. (Since the Creative Update Windows has been handling drivers differently.)

To stop this from happening and install the Corsair Void Headset without this issue, do the following:

1. Uninstall iCUE from Programs and Features and reboot.

Now windows will automatically pick up the device again and reinstall the driver.

Do the folllowing to remove the device again and stop it from reinstalling (if any other devices give you issues in future just renable this afterwards):

2. Go to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container".

3. Right click and uninstall all devices under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container and make sure to tick the option "Delete Device Drivers".

4. Search under Control Panel "Hardware" then select the underlined "Change Device Driver Installation Settings". -> Change the option "Automatically Download Drivers..." to "No" or "Never" (if any other devices give you issues in future just re-enable this afterwards).

5. If the device is still visable under "Devices" in the WIndows 10 Settings App Remove it there too.

6. Unplug the Dongle from the Computer and Reboot.

7. Install the latest version of iCUE with the Dongle unplugged and Reboot.

8. Insert the Dongle, iCUE will auto-start and say "No Device Detected" then Windows will install the wrong default driver.

9. Go back to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container" and uninstall all drivers under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

10. iCUE Will now auto-detect your device again and reinstall the correct driver.

This fixed my issue and I really hope that this tutorial will help some of you guys with the same issue.

Let me know if it worked for you too.

Happy listening.

• 2 months later...
Hi All,

So I recently started getting this issue with my beloved VOID Wireless Gaming Headset and it progressively got worse.

But I have found a permanent fix for it and can now listen to multimedia without constant audio popping or cracking that was driving me insane.

The issue isn't actually with the product but the default driver Windows 10 installs when you insert the dongle into a USB port for the first time and becuase iCUE sees the driver already installed it uses that faulty one instead of the correct Corsair OEM Driver. (Since the Creative Update Windows has been handling drivers differently.)

To stop this from happening and install the Corsair Void Headset without this issue, do the following:

1. Uninstall iCUE from Programs and Features and reboot.

Now windows will automatically pick up the device again and reinstall the driver.

Do the folllowing to remove the device again and stop it from reinstalling (if any other devices give you issues in future just renable this afterwards):

2. Go to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container".

3. Right click and uninstall all devices under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container and make sure to tick the option "Delete Device Drivers".

4. Search under Control Panel "Hardware" then select the underlined "Change Device Driver Installation Settings". -> Change the option "Automatically Download Drivers..." to "No" or "Never" (if any other devices give you issues in future just re-enable this afterwards).

5. If the device is still visable under "Devices" in the WIndows 10 Settings App Remove it there too.

6. Unplug the Dongle from the Computer and Reboot.

7. Install the latest version of iCUE with the Dongle unplugged and Reboot.

8. Insert the Dongle, iCUE will auto-start and say "No Device Detected" then Windows will install the wrong default driver.

9. Go back to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container" and uninstall all drivers under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

10. iCUE Will now auto-detect your device again and reinstall the correct driver.

This fixed my issue and I really hope that this tutorial will help some of you guys with the same issue.

Let me know if it worked for you too.

Happy listening.

I've followed these directions and Step 8 didn't happen. Now I can't reinstall the device at all or even find it. iCue didn't auto detect it.

• 1 year later...
For me on bottom right of windows clicking show hidden icons>open volume mixer> clicking on the image of the headset in volume mixer> headset earphone properties> advanced> change default to 2 channel 16bit 48000hz frequency fixed the problem. I had constant noises pinging both earcups untill I did this now my headset works perfectly. Not sure if this will help anyone and I appreciate this post is old but if it helped in anyway, you're welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Had this problem for a few months, been trying to fix it for many days and I finally found a solution for myself. It was not the drivers neither was it my My Void wireless but it was my router who's Wireless Signal kept interfering with the void wireless's Connection. Went into its configuration and changed its Wireless channel, changed it from a 2.4Ghz to 5GHz (Wireless mode 11n Only)

and lastly lowered my router's transmit power to 50%. Its been a few days and no problems so far. Hopefully this one works for those who have this problem.

• 1 month later...
Had this problem for a few months, been trying to fix it for many days and I finally found a solution for myself. It was not the drivers neither was it my My Void wireless but it was my router who's Wireless Signal kept interfering with the void wireless's Connection. Went into its configuration and changed its Wireless channel, changed it from a 2.4Ghz to 5GHz (Wireless mode 11n Only)

and lastly lowered my router's transmit power to 50%. Its been a few days and no problems so far. Hopefully this one works for those who have this problem.

I have been doing everything in these threads been through a few and heard of every way to fox it but this and was wondering if you can make a walkthrough on it?

[Edit after an extensive time doing this I have came down to the conclusion that it has to be the software that's causing the issue cause I tried everything else and its not present when iCUE isn't downloaded]

Edited by Retaliate

• 3 weeks later...

1.Open your Router settings by typing your default gateway into the Url of your

Browser.

You can find the default gateway by typing ipconfig /all in the Command prompt.(there might be other connections, find the one you are using.)

2.Go to the advanced settings section of the router.

3.Find the Wireless settings.

3.Look for a advanced wireless settings section , if you have that section , you

might get the option to lower your router's transmit power.

4.now, go back to wireless settings and look for Channel mode.

5.Then you may get several options such as, 11n or 11g/n modes. ( Find the

one which allows your router to stay on 5Ghz Channel, may vary depending

on the router which you are using so, i cannot give accurate information.)