Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.2.27 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.2.27.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.2.27, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.

What version of Windows you're using.

Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue

Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Changelog:

• Support for ML RGB fans.
  • Support for Vengeance LED and RGB DRAM on Intel non-Z 200 Series chipsets and AMD A320 chipset.
  • Added manual configuration of fans for Commander PRO (PWM/DC/Auto/Off).

Bug Fixes:

• 0 RPM dip at fan speeds multiples of 256 RPM on Commander PRO no longer occurs.
  • Corsair LINK no longer requires administrator rights to run.

Known Issues:

• Updating Lighting Node PRO firmware will fail on AMD-based systems if Lighting Node PRO is connected to Commander PRO USB hub.
  • Hardware playback no longer available for SP RGB fans, HD RGB fans, and RGB PRO lighting strips. (Fix scheduled for next release.)
  • CPU core numbering is off.
  • Extra fans appear under motherboard info after Link is left running over an extended period of time.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello

Please fix the issue with temperatur sensor in the CLCP Firmware 0.4.173

The temperature calculation would stop on this firmware and i takes 60 - 70 seconds to go on. Than it will calculate for 5 seconds and stop again.

This issue is present for all 4 connectors on the CLCP on thich you can attach temperatur sensors.

This was not the issue with Firmware 0.2.136

It occured first time in 0.3.153

Unfortunately can't use the old FW 0.2.136 because of the FAN stop bug

Corsair Link 4.9.2.27

Windows 10, Version 1709, x64

It is no longer possible to have Corsair Link start in the system tray, only in a full window at startup. Is there a switch that I can add to the registry to have the program start minimized to the system tray? Thanks!

I solved the problem. I turned off the program setting "Run at Windows startup". Then I created a task in Task Scheduler to start Corsair LINK and added the switch "-startup". (Adding the switch to the Windows startup entry in the registry does not work, since the program rewrites the entry when it starts up.)

I hope this helps!

Installed ver 4.9.2.27 for the H100i v2 to control the pump/fans and LED. Once I set everything, I close the app. In the settings, its set to "Run at Windows StartUp". When I boot the machine, the app comes up, full screen. I don't need this, its rather annoying.

If I uncheck the Run at StartUp, the pump never changes the settings because the app isn't running.

Hope this gets updated soon, the app should run in the background and should not come up during boot. Also, why can't we push the settings to the pump and have it save those settings. Why does the app need to run to apply the settings? Why does the app load in full screen during boot and not in the background?

Edit: Sorry.. I didn't follow the bug reporting format :)

Version of your Link software: v4.9.2.27

Windows Version: Windows 10

Summary: I am encountering an issue with the latest version where the "copy to" function prompts me to update the lighting node pro firmware.

Detailed description of the issue: I am encountering an issue with the latest version where the "copy to" function prompts me to update the lighting node pro firmware, but when I try it says there are no updates available.

The odd part is, I am trying to modify fan LEDs that are connected to the Commander PRO. I do have a lighting node pro as well, but everything looks up to date.

cqyMHm

knziV6

Image URL(in case they don't show in the post):

https://ibb.co/cqyMHm

https://ibb.co/knziV6

Added manual configuration of fans for Commander PRO (PWM/DC/Auto/Off).

Will this also be avail in Commander Mini?

--

Extra fans appear under motherboard info after Link is left running over an extended period of time.

I also noticed extra temps popping up in my Commander Mini Display after Link is left running over an extended period of time while no sensors even connected.

---

Still would love to see an Update where the inital Window Position and size is stored and reused from last Session rather than having it now starting in Full-Mode instead of quiet in the taskbar, but thanks drminer for the workaround fix for now.

I solved the problem. I turned off the program setting "Run at Windows startup". Then I created a task in Task Scheduler to start Corsair LINK and added the switch "-startup". (Adding the switch to the Windows startup entry in the registry does not work, since the program rewrites the entry when it starts up.)

I hope this helps!

---

But at least the devs worked hard on all the "important" stuff of adding again moooooaaarr LED stuff[/sarcasm]

P.S.

i've never noticed any firmware update on my devices, but i searched a few times to check whether i really have the latest Version for my devices + changelog eventually but have'nt found such a list either on the website nor on the forum? can anyone point me to such a place if there is such one?

(Using 2x H80i v2 + Commander Mini)

cya

Huh. I recall a recent post from Dustin explaining how putting LEDs in an ML fan would be just about impossible. Ah yes - here it is.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=924466#post924466

I guess he was giggling with secret knowledge when he typed that.:p:

• Administrators
Huh. I recall a recent post from Dustin explaining how putting LEDs in an ML fan would be just about impossible. Ah yes - here it is.

Your interpretation and what he said are two different things.

Since updating, a load of extra weird temps are showing in my system info.. Temp #1 - Temp #7

Temp #1 and Temp #3 are identical, they both change to the same values when under load, or idling. Temp #5 idles at 0°C but then goes to 127°C under load. temp #6 is always at 45°C and Temp #7 is always at 5°C

The whole lot is now a confusing mess!

Idle:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31552&d=1510877005

Under Load:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31551&d=1510877001

Can this be disabled?

2126044846_2017-11-17(1).png.b7b5fdcd63555bd99c9b46787e297030.png

2017-11-17.png.51ade114ccc10c3cd06071ae88be1544.png

Updated to the latest version of link and now can not change fans or led strips with out getting a error saying i need to update the firmware on my lighting node . When i try to check for updates it says there are none .

Also have a temp reading for the motherboard that flicks from zero to 124 degrees ???????

Taken for the update post for 4.9.2.27

Quote Known Issues:

Updating Lighting Node PRO firmware will fail on AMD-based systems if Lighting Node PRO is connected to Commander PRO USB hub.

Seems it doesn't like the intel z370 chipset either also the Vengeance LED/RGB DRAM supported on these chipsets: Intel X99, Z170, 200 Series, Z370; AMD 300 Series doesn't play nicely on the z370 motherboards

Untitled.thumb.png.9faf78cd0c754446cd5017ce7324de69.png

If you look a few posts earlier, he didn't keep that secret knowledge all that secret

Now that being said, at least putting four RGB LEDs in the hub of an ML fan might be feasible. I wonder if anyone would be interested in something like that.

Gotta say the specs on the ML RGB fans compared to the non RGB ML fans are kind of horrible and kind of defeats the purpose of the ML concept, Performance.

ML RGB

55.4 CFM

Static Pressure 1.27 mmH20

ML Non RGB

20 - 97 CFM

Static Pressure 0.2 - 3.0 mmH20

And the price of them is a little over the top.

There are some things you simply shouldn't RGB'ifi.

If you look a few posts earlier, he didn't keep that secret knowledge all that secret

Gotta say the specs on the ML RGB fans compared to the non RGB ML fans are kind of horrible and kind of defeats the purpose of the ML concept, Performance.

ML RGB

55.4 CFM

Static Pressure 1.27 mmH20

ML Non RGB

20 - 97 CFM

Static Pressure 0.2 - 3.0 mmH20

And the price of them is a little over the top.

There are some things you simply shouldn't RGB'ifi.

Yeah I guess he was hinting around. Whatever the case, I had not checked the specs of the new LED ML-PRo RGB fans but from what Dicehunter posted, it looks like the addition of LEDs compromised the fan's performance, which is s a shame. The new LL series specs are meh as well.

LED's are generally harmless though sometimes they can burden performance. I believe the G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMMs do not perform as well as their LED-less cousins (though I am not sure why). Another example where they have traded function for frills.

I'm not adverse to spicing things up with some blinky lights, but not at the expense of performance. That said, I am sure these will sell well and that's what it's all about. At least Corsair publishes the specs so buyers can make and informed choice.

Archived