Corsair Community

MM800 lighting gets stuck(static) after a while

hakase

I'm using the latest versions of CUE (2.21.67) and the MM800 firmware (1.02) on Windows 10x64 (latest). Doesn't matter what profile I'm using (advanced or normal mode), when I set it, after a while the lighting on the pad starts to stutter (no smooth shifts), then it gets stuck. It doesn't get fixed even on restarting the PC (though the default spiral rainbow works when CUE is not active). At that point I have to force update the firmware every time which fixes the problem (for a while).

I don't think I had the problem on older firmware (but I think I did on older CUE as well).

Does the lighting randomly shutter or is it reproducible? e.g. wake from sleep, opening a certain application, etc.

Tried a different USB port? e.g. USB 2.0/USB 3.0?

Try the mousemat on another computer. Does it work fine?

It does randomly. Though happens almost everytime. Tried every USB port, still the same. And didn't try yet on another computer.

But once when it got stuck I went to the Devices and Printers panel, and chose troubleshoot for the mat. Windows said the device had stopped responding, and then it fixed the error and said it's going to reset the device everytime Windows wakes up from sleep (I'm assuming that's whenever I lock/unlock it). Haven't had that problem since then (But I'm using a basic profile: Corsair Link (type ripple) layer over a Static white layer).

I'll try with one of the advanced ones then update.

Edit: Forgot to mention I had also uninstalled/reinstalled CUE.

• 2 weeks later...

Check check,

i have the same problem with the MM800, every worked fine after the last two updates from CUE, since that it get stucked after a while.

I cannot see that it comes to that error because of something else. USB Port swithcing has nothing changed, new install CUE multiple times, no change.

It stucks when i play, it stucks when i doesnt play, it stucks when the screensaver is on and so on.

You cant put it on one point. I think the problem is only in the CUE Version since 2.21.67

So is possible to get the version befor 2.21.67? i want to test it if there were the error too, but i think it was 2.21.67 where the error came up.

Greetings

monkey

• 1 month later...
Check check,

i have the same problem with the MM800, every worked fine after the last two updates from CUE, since that it get stucked after a while.

I cannot see that it comes to that error because of something else. USB Port swithcing has nothing changed, new install CUE multiple times, no change.

It stucks when i play, it stucks when i doesnt play, it stucks when the screensaver is on and so on.

You cant put it on one point. I think the problem is only in the CUE Version since 2.21.67

So is possible to get the version befor 2.21.67? i want to test it if there were the error too, but i think it was 2.21.67 where the error came up.

Greetings

monkey

Hello monkey,

I shouldn't be saying this for our predicament but I'm actually glad to have someone in the same boat as me.

I'm sorry for the late reply, I had almost given up hopes.

And as for your question, I too started having the problems since that version.

Updated to 2.22.83, nothing changed. Haven't tried previous versions though. How did they work for you?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello monkey,

I shouldn't be saying this for our predicament but I'm actually glad to have someone in the same boat as me.

I'm sorry for the late reply, I had almost given up hopes.

And as for your question, I too started having the problems since that version.

Updated to 2.22.83, nothing changed. Haven't tried previous versions though. How did they work for you?

Update: I *think* there currently aren't any issues with the new iCue. Might be wrong though, since I didn't check all of the profiles.

• 1 month later...

Well, not for me. I upgraded my case and got the new iCUE and i have the same Problem as before.

the MM800 lighting stops working and stays on lightning.

What i saw it, that it got under USB COntrolls deactivated, but i cant say why. When i activate it again it works.

Dont know why it is.

• Corsair Employee

HI Crack_monkey

Sounds like it's USB is idling.

Please go to CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED.

See if that makes any difference. Hope this helps.

Archived