Corsair Community

Intel DP67BG i7 2600k - want 8 gig x 4 modules

Jeffro

Hi RamGuy

What 16 gig (kit of 2 x 8 gig?) modules would you recommend for this motherboard/CPU please? Max memory on the MB is 32 gig over 4 sockets.

Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.

Thank you for your help

Hi Jeffro,

If you want a total of 16gigs of ram, your good to go with what Ram Guy recommended.

If you want a total of 32gigs of ram, you should wait until 8gig modules are available and buy one 32gig kit, not two 16gig kits. Even if the second kit were identical model modules.

I dont mix modules. If I didn't get all 4 now I would buy identical model modules when required.

you are missing the point. there are no such things as identical modules to be purchased laterits 1 package of ram of the capacity you desire per one motherboard to ensure compatibility and be supported.

if you need more Gb you must remove whatever ram you have and install a single larger capacity kit from one package. not 2.

adding ram to existing ram is considered mixing ram, period.

Thanks Synth.

I've never ever had a problem on any of the workstations or servers in my office when I've added the same model memory from the same memory manufacturer when done in pairs or as required.

Your welcome!

My recommendation of one 32gig kit, if and when it becomes availible for your board, was to insure that all modules work together as advertised.

As for performance benefits:

A single 32gig kit should run at full speed.

Two 16gig kits most likely will have to run slower, and/or with looser timings. If at all.

As for the Workstations and servers in you office:

The memory controller is probably on the motherboards and not the cpu like yours.

Memory controllers on the boards seam to be more tolerant to mixing memory.

Archived