Corsair Community

CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 on EVGA 132-GT-E768-KR

Sayne

Hello,

I just purchased components for a new build, and I'm preemptively asking if anyone knows the whether or not a lot of tweaking will be necessary to get Corsair CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 RAM to work on an EVGA 132-GT-E768-KR motherboard with an Intel Core i7 960?

The only reason I ask is on my last build, I had apparently bought the world's pickiest motherboard (ASUS P5Q3) and it took a very long time to get my memory stable - motherboard's fault, not the ram. I even had to tweak the refresh cycles and a bunch of other things way below the timings that I didn't understand what they were. Heh. I eventually got it working and now it works like a champ.

Anyhow, like I said, I just wanted to preempt the headache and ask what are known good settings for this ram on this mobo? If all I have to do is set 9-9-9-24 and 1.65 volts I'll be a very happy man.

Thanks for your help.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

I'm not much of an overclocker, I'm going for 'stable' and 'works.' With 12 GB of ram, even if it's not overclocked, I think I'll be OK ;-)

Thanks! You're all nice people, but I hope I can just fire this baby up, enable XMP, and not have to come back.

I haven't built a new machine in two years, and XMP wasn't around then. Am I correct in my understanding that XMP basically tweaks your ram for you? If so, that is an absolutely great idea.

Thanks

Archived