Corsair Community

H100i fans like a jet engine

Lewatek

Try the Windows 8.1 registry fix and see if that helps.

Try an older version of the software and see if that helps.

Is the cooler detected in Windows? You can check by going to Devices and Printers found in Control Panel and look for "Integrated USB Bridge".

Hi,

I have the same problem...

I have H100i with 2 Be Quiet! Silent Edition PWM attached with the y-cable from the pump.

But in CL speed fan & color led don't appear...

I would like a silent pump no gas machine. :(

OS? XP,Win7, Win8X

Version of corsair link installed? 2.5.4110, etc

h100 firmware installed? 1.05, 1.07

I use Win 8.1, version of CL is 2.7.5361, and i don't know the h100i firmware.

Where can I see it ?

Top tab - "options"

Left tab - Devices (2nd one down)

Click on all the ^ to reveal the information. If an category doesn't have any information, then there is a problem between the Link and the motherboard. Based on your flashing red temp gauge, I suspect you will be missing some information.

It's not exactly intuitive in order to make the link program work properly. You need to assign your readings to a group. This can be done on the 2nd tab "Groups". Not everything needs to placed in a group. Your HDD's can stay over on the left, as well as graphics card numbers. But your H100 fans and Pump need to be in the "H100i temp" group or the fan profiles will not work as intended. Putting them in the CPU temp group will make them run full blast all the time.

Try a much older version of the Link program, from the 2.5 or 2.6 series, although I would try the registry fix first.

Top tab - "options"

Left tab - Devices (2nd one down)

Click on all the ^ to reveal the information. If an category doesn't have any information, then there is a problem between the Link and the motherboard. Based on your flashing red temp gauge, I suspect you will be missing some information.

It's not exactly intuitive in order to make the link program work properly. You need to assign your readings to a group. This can be done on the 2nd tab "Groups". Not everything needs to placed in a group. Your HDD's can stay over on the left, as well as graphics card numbers. But your H100 fans and Pump need to be in the "H100i temp" group or the fan profiles will not work as intended. Putting them in the CPU temp group will make them run full blast all the time.

Try a much older version of the Link program, from the 2.5 or 2.6 series, although I would try the registry fix first.

Hi !

The problem is H100i doesn't appear in Link - Devices... and I don't know why ? In group, I just have HDD's temp, GPU temp/fan, & chassis fan.

Link_devices.thumb.PNG.3f2ab64b10cf3d00d7d9055395f3a806.PNG

Link_system.thumb.PNG.51bc04c3b488162af5d55641b5d2e0aa.PNG

Hi !

The problem is H100i doesn't appear in Link - Devices... and I don't know why ? In group, I just have HDD's temp, GPU temp/fan, & chassis fan.

Have you tried the earlier 2.7 version, 2.6, or 2.5? Unfortunately, rolling back one version at a time is the only way to do this. I had to go back from 2.6 to 2.5 to finally 2.4 to get it to work when I first got my H80i (Win 7x64).

Have you tried the earlier 2.7 version, 2.6, or 2.5? Unfortunately, rolling back one version at a time is the only way to do this. I had to go back from 2.6 to 2.5 to finally 2.4 to get it to work when I first got my H80i (Win 7x64).

Ok. I will try tonight.

I need to find the old version.

the pump rpm cannot be reduced,its a set speed of @2250 rpm

what type of noise do you hear,,its normal to hear a slight humming...

Hm.. ok. I thought we could reduce the speed of the pump. Too bad, I was still able to slow down the fans. :)

The quiet/Balanced/Performance settings are all fan speed profiles designed for the original SP120L fans. The settings themselves will work with other fans, but perhaps not at the RPM you'd like. You can create custom fan profiles yourself, however in the beginning you may wish to set either a fixed RPM or speed% for your fans. This is mostly personal preference, but I find that method is more useful for learning what levels of fan speed/noise you can tolerate and how your system cools at that speed. I also find fans racing up and down to be a bit distracting. You are likely to discover higher fan speeds only lower your average load temperature by a couple of degrees. It's hard to argue that double the noise is worth a drop in gaming temps from 53 to 50 degrees. Where higher fan speeds do help is in sudden spikes in load. The higher speed fans bring the spike back under control faster or prevent the temp from spiking at all. Again, if your steady load temps are in the 50's, you shouldn't be concerned that it spiked to 60 for a few seconds before dropping. This only becomes an issue if you are running near your thermal threshold, or whatever temperature you are comfortable at.

I use 2 different saved profiles - one minimal speed for standard work/browsing and another with higher fan speeds for the fun stuff. It's just one click to switch back and forth. Also, when using the fan curves, the fans don't respond immediately to changes in the temperature, particularly on the way down. The delay may be only a few seconds or a few minutes. I seem to remember one of the Corsair staffers posting in can take up to 5 minutes for the fan controller to adjust. At any rate, it is by design to keep the fans from constantly racing up and down in RPM. I prefer the one click and done method, but again obviously personal preference.

Archived