Corsair Community

CUE Stops Working Whenever I Try To Switch Profiles

Hello All,

I bought my Strafe RGB in December 2017, and it has been working beautifully. I downloaded the CUE software to create my own lighting profiles and macros, and I have also been using that without problems until today.

When I started my computer today, the profile I had set as my default, an ADVANCED profile with macros and profile switching buttons, started up as usual. However, within a few seconds of it starting, I tried to press my profile switching key (Scroll Lock) to switch to the other profile I had, and I got a pop-up saying that "Corsair Utility Engine has stopped working," and my lighting effects froze. The macros I had set had also stopped working. After that, I wasn't able to open CUE without the same pop-up occurring. I tried restarting the application and my computer, neither of which worked. I even tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it, but the same problem occurred.

After troubleshooting for a while, I figured out that if I started my computer with my keyboard unplugged, then plugged it in after I was on my desktop screen, the lighting effects would start normally and I would be able to open CUE. All my macros would work, my lighting effects would work fine, but as soon as I tried to switch to my other profile (which is also advanced), EITHER THROUGH MY PROFILE SWITCHING BUTTON OR THROUGH CUE SOFTWARE, the application would crash again with the same error message, broken macros, and frozen lighting effects. I have to restart with my unplugging method every time to get it to work again. After I restarted it with this method again, I tried deleting and remaking the profile switching key, but to no avail. I am running the latest software (2.22.83 I think), and I am wondering if this is the cause of this problem, seeing as though it started happening today. I would try deleting the profile that crashes CUE, but I can't without clicking on it, which crashes CUE. I am quite confused, and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again! :D:

KarmaTheChicken

• Corsair Employee

Try the following...

Uninstall CUE and reinstall the latest version from our website.

For those who've attempted the above...

• Make sure you're on the latest version of Windows
  • Check to see if you have the latest graphics driver for your video card.
  • Turn off hardware acceleration for CUE in your video card driver settings.
  • See if issue persists when potential conflicting software is not running (other RGB software, anything that talks to USB devices, etc.)

Thanks for the reply CJ,

I tried everything you listed, and nothing seemed to have worked. When I uninstalled the software, it gave me the option to delete all saved settings. I chose not to, because I didn't want to lose all my profiles, but if I did select that option do you think it would solve the problem when I reinstalled the software?

Thanks again,

KarmaTheChicken

Hey guys,

I decided to just completely delete CUE along with the profiles and reinstall it. It was getting annoying to have to deal with the software crashes every time I started my computer. I'm not too mad, I enjoy making profiles :laughing:. I just wanted to post this to let you all know I solved my problem.

I hope whoever else is having this problem finds a fix. Thanks to everyone who helped me!

KarmaTheChicken

• 1 month later...

until a few days ago everything was working fine - but since the latest cue update a few days ago my Macros stop working after a few minutes -

I'm using a K70 Rapidfire - and I've NEVER had this problem before -

I've tried un-installing and re installing but the problem doesn't go away

I'm playing world of warcraft and i'm using the same macros for about a year since I bought the keyboard.

If I re boot my computer and log onto the game everything works fine - but usually if I log out and log onto another character the macros stop working - also i've noticed that if i tab out to windows and go onto the internet and then go back to my game the macros have stopped working .

fwit - I also have a Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 and this works perfectly every time - Macros and all ...

as much as I love my corsair K70 I've had to go back to the Blackwidow V2 until this problem gets sorted out

• 1 month later...
until a few days ago everything was working fine - but since the latest cue update a few days ago my Macros stop working after a few minutes -

I'm using a K70 Rapidfire - and I've NEVER had this problem before -

I've tried un-installing and re installing but the problem doesn't go away

I'm playing world of warcraft and i'm using the same macros for about a year since I bought the keyboard.

If I re boot my computer and log onto the game everything works fine - but usually if I log out and log onto another character the macros stop working - also i've noticed that if i tab out to windows and go onto the internet and then go back to my game the macros have stopped working .

fwit - I also have a Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 and this works perfectly every time - Macros and all ...

as much as I love my corsair K70 I've had to go back to the Blackwidow V2 until this problem gets sorted out

I have a k70 Rapidfire also and since the last CUE update I've been having these problems as well. CUE just stops responding. I can't adjust the light intensity or anything else. If I restart CUE (quit out then re-load it) it will work for a little while then stop responding again. It is very annoying.

I have 4 Corsair keyboards in my house. My Rapidfire being the only RGB and the only one I use CUE with. That being said, I love the build quality of all my Corsair products, but damn CUE sucks.

I have a k70 Rapidfire also and since the last CUE update I've been having these problems as well. CUE just stops responding. I can't adjust the light intensity or anything else. If I restart CUE (quit out then re-load it) it will work for a little while then stop responding again. It is very annoying.

I have 4 Corsair keyboards in my house. My Rapidfire being the only RGB and the only one I use CUE with. That being said, I love the build quality of all my Corsair products, but damn CUE sucks.

If you are using CUE 2.24.35, there is a bug with that version causing your issue. If you go to Corsair's main website you can find a link for iCUE, which is essentially CUE 3.1.133. Try that and that will fix your issue.

Archived