Corsair Community

Problem with the software

LazySoft

Hi.

Everytime I create a profile and put the Sensors and Devices object on the system picture to visualize where the objects are and save it. Next time I open that profile or restart the program all Sensors and Devices object are gone from the system picture and object list are empty. Only way to bring them back is to reset the profile.

The version of software is 1.2.3.0

Yes, I reported to have the same problem. I think the objects are not actually gone, but they are "hidden" behind the system picture. Not that that makes a difference, it's unusable anyway.

I get by right now by not placing the objects on the system picture.

ETA: I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 64-bit.

I think I have found the problem, and it's what I called a BUGG in the software :D:

The XML profile that are saved in my system has wrong decimal symbol in following tags.

<Location X="0,1234" "Y=0,2345" /> here in Sweden we have , as decimal symbol, but the program is not handle that and want's . as decimal symbol.

So every time I save a profile I have to open it in Notpad and change every , to . and viola the objects are back.

So, I'm working as Software Support Tech. That's what I called a major 'BUGG' in a software that can't handle globalizations right.

So PLEASE Corsair, make it right..... It's a pain in the a.. every time I save a profile and I had to replace all the decimal symbols. Ther is no way right now to report problems with Corsair Link on the Tech Support form.

Oooooh! I can fix that, at least use that W/A. Oh bleep, that's a bit shoddy, Corsair. There IS life outside the US.

Never looked that good at the .xml. Yup, although I use an English O/S my regional settings are Dutch.

ETA: Yup that works as a workaround. Edit the XML and replace the commas by periods.

ETA: Yup that works as a workaround. Edit the XML and replace the commas by periods.

That's what globalization is made for. The program is done in .Net Framework 4 and they forgett to do it (or test) :o:. Hey MS has made it for be used in this type of programming.

But, Corsair are not the only one that forgetts there is a HUGE market outside US.:laughing:

Found more strange behavior. Some times when saving a profile then location values could get -1000,000 or more. When this happens and you try to save the profile the program crash. So when will we get a version that are more stable than this one.

In my case I just have Dutch regional settings. That makes Windows use a comma instead of a period for the decimal sign, which is correct in Dutch. I've got Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 US version.

Mind you this is a standard Windows thingie, basically the program should NOT use regional settings when dealing with the XML (or at least do it consistently, it now looks like it honors the regional settings on writing, but doesn't take them into account when reading).

Thanks for the info Ram Gay.

I hope they will fix that and test it very hard before releasing it. I don't think we that buy this has to be the alpha/beta tester for this.

It could as many pointed out to be great combination of hard/software, but now I have a very mixed feeling about this product. So far I'm not satisfied with it for that price.

That could changed if you sorted out the problems.

Archived