Corsair Community

H100i GTX driver signature still not good after new update

Ohmygonzo

Hello all,

So, after a long time, almost 2 months now, of having my H100i GTX, not working in any, but Windows Test mode, since the driver signature is not getting recognized, last night i stumbled upon the new version of the software, v3.5667, got excited ( FINALLY I CAN HAZ MY COOLER WORKING PROPERLY ), spent over 3 hours reinstalling/restarting, poking through various files and restarting my computer x times...

Before, if I am to make any changes to the fans/pump in CL, I had to restart CL in order for it to take the changes, ( this is all in Windows Test mode ), since the driver for the cooler is not working in any other scenario.

Now, I am able to make the changes in the software instantly, without needing to restart Link, but the driver will still only work, in Windows Test mode.

I have tried the other USB hub in my mobo.

The problem is, when Win is not in test mode, it sees the driver, but the signature is still not there.

After doing this on my own so long, now, I would really like some help from someone here, I am getting really annoyed.

Thank you.

I have tried the other USB hub in my mobo.

This is a 100% software issue and doing this will have no effect.

I am totally with you. It's pathetic that Corsair have not fixed this. It would be trivial for Corsair to digitally sign the .SYS files as well as the .CAT file and I suspect if they did this there would be far fewer issues.

I have my own code signing certificate that I sign the SIV drivers with so if I had this H100iGTX issue this what I would do. I don't have a H110iGTX, H100iGTX or H80iGT. I could sign and upload the .SYS files, but there is no way I would make 3rd party drivers I had signed available for obvious reasons, so I feel Corsair should do this later today. It took me < 1 minute the sign the Corsair .SYS files. You should not need to do this or mess around with test signing at all. Corsair should have asked you for the driver installation .LOG files a long time ago.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22300&stc=1&d=1438073235

I keep wondering what the root cause of this issue is and knowing what the following look like on your system may tell be this. Please can someone with the issue post screen shots from their system. I have the driver from the v3.1.5667 release.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22296&stc=1&d=1438071533attachment.php?attachmentid=22297&stc=1&d=1438071544attachment.php?attachmentid=22298&stc=1&d=1438071556

hydroS7289-0.png.6bde0c7872bab0ce77442a4ebe5d7b65.png

hydroS7289-1.png.93b7eb06d12176e2a291328228f9cf1f.png

hydroS7289-2.png.e43bcdd5b521558bad2837bf55efc4f8.png

SiUSBXP.png.d2e844de7180eb87a4f978c228f43f98.png

Hello red-ray, and thank you for such a prompt reply.

Ok, in my case, what do you suggest I should do, since I am not really clear if the screenshots are a guide for me to do it, or something else.

I don't really know how to sign for the software myself, and avoid having this issue.

Ok, in my case, what do you suggest I should do, since I am not really clear if the screenshots are a guide for me to do it, or something else.

I don't really know how to sign for the software myself, and avoid having this issue.

I suspect you might have an issue with the certification path on your system and the screen shots will show if this is the case. If this is so then I expect you just need to install a new VeriSign root certicate.

Unless you buy a certificate you can't. I had to buy one to sign the SIV drivers and can use it to sign whatever I wish.

The Certification path is all OK and I would expect the driver to load.

I would look at what is in C:Windows\inf\setupapi.app.log and C:Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log and see if this gives any clues.

There are likely to be rather large, so I recommend deleting them and then do Update diver.

Corsair tech support should be able to help you with doing this.

But when I disable Windows test mode, this is not the case, CL stops seeing H100i GTX in the software, and a yellow triangle appears next to the driver in device manager. Code 52, driver signature problem...

What would deleting those 2 text files actually do to help resolve the issue? And I thought this IS Corsair Tech support... My god, I am so lost in this.

But when I disable Windows test mode, this is not the case, CL stops seeing H100i GTX in the software, and a yellow triangle appears next to the driver in device manager. Code 52, driver signature problem...

Yes, that is what I assumed. The two files I specified contain detailed information on the driver installation process. This is used by driver developers to figure out what went wrong and fix it.

You should not need to do this. Corsair tech support should have asked you for these two files months ago, used them to identify the cause of your issue and then fixed things.

The only reason for deleting them is to make it easier to find the information about the H100iGTX/hydros7289 driver. When you do the Update driver new ones will be created.

@red-ray

I already posted this, but sure here have it again. Same problem as Ohmygonzo. Attached is the driver install and signtool logs, and the cert path is identical.

I've been through and checked certificates, deleted the verisign root, cleared the urlcache with certmgr and let windows replace it, etc. Still can't figure out the root cause of the problem, other than what CAPI2 event logging complained about which was a root cert in the path not being verified.

debug.txt

certpath.thumb.PNG.ba7973b48b35e619885cde1be38a4cda.PNG

@red-ray

I already posted this, but sure here have it again. Same problem as Ohmygonzo. Attached is the driver install and signtool logs, and the cert path is identical.

I've been through and checked certificates, deleted the verisign root, cleared the urlcache with certmgr and let windows replace it, etc. Still can't figure out the root cause of the problem, other than what CAPI2 event logging complained about which was a root cert in the path not being verified.

This is the sort of thing I was expecting. Log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/

sig:                {_VERIFY_FILE_SIGNATURE} 06:10:49.257
    sig:                     Key      = HydroS7289.inf
    sig:                     FilePath = C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\Temp\{47fda2a7-f996-3ec7-2aff-8019d66a5c5a}\HydroS7289.inf
    sig:                     Catalog  = C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\Temp\{47fda2a7-f996-3ec7-2aff-8019d66a5c5a}\HydroS7289.cat
    sig:                     Success: File is signed in Authenticode(tm) catalog.
    sig:                     Error 0xe0000241: The INF was signed with an Authenticode(tm) catalog from a trusted publisher.
    sig:                {_VERIFY_FILE_SIGNATURE exit(0xe0000241)} 06:10:49.272

Corsair, when I click on the above debug.txt attachment it is a PITA to display this. I end up having to download attachment.php as debug.txt and then open it locally when it should just open another tab in IE. Please fix this.

So, I wrote a ticked to Corsair, and this is our communication so far.

This is my starting problem description :

I need help signing the driver signature, so i can get my H100i GTX to work properly, without Windows being in Test Mode. Please call me, or send me an email.

Thank you very much.

And this is all the back and forth communication via comments in the ticket, keep in mind it is bottom to top :

Created By: Me (7/29/2015 7:26 AM)

No, there are no other issues, but I do not want to pay 120 euros for a cooler that I can't even install a driver for, or control the fans/pump.

So, how can you guys help me with making my cooler driver signed for Windows to trust it, and I can stop using Windows Test mode?

Created By: Arturo TS (7/29/2015 7:13 AM)

Please make sure your bios is up to date.

If the only problem is just the cooler not being recognized, but working correctly, are there any other issues?

Created By: Me (7/29/2015 12:34 AM)

Asus Gryphon Z87,

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1707, 12/13/2013

And no, I did not try it on another computer, I do not want it to work on another computer, I want it to work on my computer. It is not a problem with my computer, since this is the only piece of hardware / software, that is not working properly.

And again, the cooler IS working now, but ONLY in Windows TEST mode, so it is ONLY a problem, with DRIVER SIGNATURE. And if it is working as intended in windows test mode, I don't really see another problem, with anything other than the digital signature of the driver.

Created By: Arturo TS (7/28/2015 3:18 PM)

I did read the thread you linked.

Is it possible at all for you to try this cooler in another computer?

Can you confirm what specific motherboard you have, and what bios is loaded onto it?

Created By: Me (7/28/2015 3:13 PM)

As I said, when Windows is in Test mode, it works, so yeah, the driver is installed, when Windows is not in Test mode, there is a yellow triangle next to the driver in device manager, and i cannot update it. Yes, I have tried it, I have been struggling with this driver for almost two months now, and I think that is one of the first things I've tried, and please, read the thread i posted the link of, you will find that I am in this much deeper.

The problem is driver signature, and only that.

Windows Test mode doesn't need drivers to have digital signatures, so it works, when i turn Test mode off, and restart the PC, it stops working, since it doesn't have the driver signature required.

Created By: Arturo TS (7/28/2015 2:35 PM)

What was meant about the last message is asking if you had tried what Justin had suggested with the first response to this message.

Created By: Me (7/28/2015 2:33 PM)

The driver is working, but only in Windows Test mode, since it doesn't have a driver signature for it to work under normal conditions.

And if you are thinking on what the guy from the forum suggested, he did suggest that I contact you guys.

Created By: Arturo TS (7/28/2015 1:42 PM)

Were you able to try what was suggested?

Created By: Me (7/28/2015 1:34 PM)

Here is a thread i posted on Corsair forums, before I contacted you guys.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=143208

Hope this helps.

Created By: Justin G. (7/28/2015 10:28 AM)

Is the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB device listed in your Device Manager? If so, right click on the item, select Update Driver Software, and then use the automatic search feature.

red-ray, you said these guys can help me out :)

red-ray, you said these guys can help me out :)

I said

This is the sort of thing I was expecting. Log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/

I do not work for Corsair so I do not have the driver source code, I don't even have a H100iGTX. Was it my driver I could help more, but I do not have what I need to do this. Further Corsair took you money so it's them that should fix this.

From what Corsair support said I suspect that either they had not read the thread or need training in understanding the driver installation debug output.

Basically the Corsair support guys are stuck in the middle and one of their developers needs to sort this out but I get the impression Corsair can't/won't do this. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=786444.

Corsair, when I click on the above debug.txt attachment it is a PITA to display this. I end up having to download attachment.php as debug.txt and then open it locally when it should just open another tab in IE. Please fix this.
I dislike IE 11. Fixed.

What would deleting those 2 text files actually do to help resolve the issue? And I thought this IS Corsair Tech support... My god, I am so lost in this.

Try this dude.

Yes, i uninstall in safe mode, and reinstall in safe mode. It's the only thing that worked.

I hope it can help you.

So i just did it and the final result is...... IT WORKED!! :D::cool:

Thank you!

Will try to uninstall CL today, wipe all the data from the registry also, using CC cleaner, reboot, install again, maybe there were some leftovers from the last CL that are preventing it to work again.

After that, if it doesn't work, I will try doing the same, in safemode.

Archived