Corsair Community

I7-5820K X99-UD4 memory comparability issue

idgeek

hi, a newb here.

I was upgrading my old 5820K with X99-UD4 with Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2133C13R.

Which the comp fail to start. I tried on a 6700K, also failed to start.

Which memory should I have bought?

thanks in advance.

Not that many people have a X99-UD4 and the exact same memory you tried, particularly since it appears to be a dual kit. You really want a matched 4 module kit for the 5820K. That said, it still probably should have worked at 2133 MHz, even if you were splicing together two kits. If you did try just the dual sticks, make sure you have them in the right channels. Most X99 boards have a preference for slot order when less than fully populated.

It is possible there is something wrong with the kit, but then this may also not be the right fit for your intended machine either. Normally, it is preferable to pick from your motherboard manufacturer's approved list so they don't deny you support, but at this point many of those early DDR4 kits that were tested may not be available and really almost any legitimate DDR4 kit should be able to run 2133 and boot. However, there really isn't enough information above to decipher that issue.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-X99-UD4-rev-10#support-doc

Archived