Corsair Community

LL fans and crystal 570 case question

OnlyMorty

Was wondering if there is a way to get the LL fan series to work with the lighting buttons built into the case. I just bought the case and am looking to change the fans out with LL series ones. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the buttons work off of the SP LED fan controller. I noticed there is a HD LED fan controller on the market but I wasn't sure if it would work with the LL series. If it doesn't, do you guys plan on making one for the LL series? It's just it would bug me a little to have this awesome case and have all my fans the LL RGB series fans and have to none working rgb fan buttons on the top because it's compatible. Don't get me wrong I know the bulk of the work would be done through the software with the commander pro and/or pro node but I would still like to be able to skip through a few presets with the buttons on the top when showing off my setup to a friend for example. Or just to be able to skip though a few on the fly. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from someone about it if it is possible and if not, are there plans to in the future? Thanks!;):

hi buddy.... nope.. no can do... SP button controller for sp fans.... HD button controller for HD fans and software control only with LL fans... the RGB Fan LED hub is the same across all 3 fans though.. you would need a Node pro or Commander pro with LL fans ;)

and theres no way to have button and software control at the same time....

but,,,

as the 570x has no reset button.. i used one of the lighting control buttons for that job in my 570x lol...

• 1 year later...
The software has numerous advantages over the thumb button remote. The remote is always going to be limited to cycling one variable at a time and there are no creative options. The Lighting Node Pro (or Commander Pro) is required, so you have the software option. By "sleep mode" if you mean turning all the light off, this is possible by setting RGB values to 0,0,0 (black). Create a new profile "Sleep" and set all value to black or delete the existing lighting command. If you have a Corsair keyboard, you can link this to a specific keyboard button for instant change. If you do not, it is still has simple as selecting the Sleep profile in the list.

Hello,

Would you mind sharing how you repurposed your buttons for a sleep button? I also have a 570x with LL fans and have been missing the extra button.

Thanks,

Ewe

after removing the Button controller I just extended the cables from the case buttons so they was long enough to reach my Reset pins.. if you look at your button controller in the back and follow its cables you will see where it is attached to the case buttons.. same type of pins as the reset pins on your motherboard... i also made it so the power button light is now the hdd activity light and just the front sails is the power light.... if that makes sense lol

Archived