Corsair Community

Intel Intel BOXD975XBX2KR and Corsair RAM compatibility

germz

Hello everyone,

I'm building myself a crossfire gaming computer and i have a question regarding Corsair memory and mobo compatibility.

Here's myroposed system specs, not everything is in there yet since i'm still selecting parts:

Intel BOXD975XBX2KR board /Intel Core 2 Duo E6700/ 2GBCorsair Dual Module Kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400, part#TWIN2X2048-6400C4D DOMINATOR

2x ATI Radeon x1950xtx or 2x x1950 pro/ 150 GB WD Raptor/ 250GB Seagate Barracuda / Creative SB X-FI Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro / Creative Inspire P7800 7.1 Speakers/ CORSAIR 620W 620HX/ Lite-On SATA DVD Burner SH-16A7S-06/ Lite-On E-IDE DVD-ROM SHD-16P1S

The abovementioned memory and board are certified by ATI for crossfire, i'm a first time builder and want to play it safe by selecting parts that are certified for compatibility, this is for my own peace of mind.

When i tried to do a search by motherboard model, the memory i want wasnt in there:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search_results.html

However, when i did a search by puttting in Corsair's part# (TWIN2X2048-6400C4D) D975XBX came up as one of the compatible boards:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search.html

This is really confusing, which answer is the right one? Are these 2 compatible? :confused:

I had to erase my post completely, something wrong with links, they are all the same. Anyway, i couldnt find the ram when searching by mobo, but could when seraching by part#, thats where you can find it by scrolling down, which one is right?

I hate to be a pain, but i have another question regarding intel's bad axe 2 compatibility with TWIN2X2048-6400C4D DOMINATOR. According to intel's memory compatibilty requirements memory should be 1.8v-1.9v, yet this RAM is 2.1v. From what i've read this board is quite picky when it comes to memory. I would appreciate if someone cleares this up for me, may be i'm not understanding something?

Here's the link to intel's memory requirements

http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/bx2/bx2_mem.htm

Thanx again Legend! ;): Though i'm beginning to change my mind about this board, i decided to go with P5W DH, not only because of bad axe 2 memory pickiness, but because i also need more conventional PCI slots, and the bad axe only has 2, and deluxe has 3, and thats what i need. Corsair's memory configurator seems to think that the abovementioned Dominator memory is a good match for this board, i do intend to do some OCing, though i'm not going to go crazy with that. If anyone thinks that the asus board and this memory is not a good match and wants to recomend something else, i'm open to any suggestions. :):

Archived