Corsair Community

New processors available?

Watchkeeper000

I would be very impressed if you could buy a Corsair One with an 8th generation processor before the end of the year.

Intel hasn't announced 8th generation desktop chips yet -- though of course there are rumours -- and have been for years.

Consider this, all of which is speculation based on rumours:

* Intel may ship the i7-8700K in October, but you never know

* There is a new Z370 chipset which means new motherboards!

* ITX motherboards may not be the first thing MSI tackles (compare the Ryzen ATX vs. ITX mobo releases)

* There is a custom BIOS on the Corsair One, correct?

* Leave some time for Corsair to validate that all this works together

* And some time before you can buy the updated model through your favourite retailer

Is it worth waiting for an expected +200 Mhz greater boost clock? Are you planning to use it for tasks where 6-cores would be beneficial?

Only you can answer those questions. You can forever wait for the next thing, whether Coffee Lake or Volta or whatever comes after that.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

As the 8th Gen Intel processors are currently coming to market are you able to give roughly an estimation when the Corsair One Pro may include them ? Like first half or second half 2018 ?

Understanding that any info prior to any official announcement can change and company decisions can change at anytime so that's something not to take for granted.

I'm figuring if I go with a custom build right now or with a Corsair One Pro. I did a LOT of digging on mini ITX build and as exciting it gets to build his own computer with all the possibilities, I have to say the One Pro looks absolutely awesome, and all the engineering you came up with is really really attractive. Great work guys

Dustin! Appreciate your reply.

Not sure what a tradeshow is, but I'll Google it. Anyways, thanks for the insight. I'll now be able to take a decision. Not an easy one still.

I'm really in love with the Corsair One... In terms of durability and future proof (Although that technically doesn't exist) how much life-spam would you give the Corsair One?

• 1 month later...

Archived