Corsair Community

GPU Vertical Temps

Ekyona

Just wondering if the GPUs temps are worse if it’s positioned vertically? I have read online and some say no and some say yes. What are your guys thought on this?

I wouldn’t think it matter as long as the fans aren’t to close to the panel maybe? Anyone have any tests on this?

Just wondering if the GPUs temps are worse if it’s positioned vertically? I have read online and some say no and some say yes. What are your guys thought on this?

I wouldn’t think it matter as long as the fans aren’t to close to the panel maybe? Anyone have any tests on this?

The orientation of the GPU shouldn't be the factor for the temp, airflow and case temp should affect more.

If you are using a reference blower exhaust style fan the distance to the panel shouldn't be the issue; but if you have a aftermarket one than need to keep some distance from the panel to let enough cool air to pass by the GPU, or have panel fan, but less likely to happen these days since everything is glass, haven't see a good case that feature a side panel fan for years.

It shouldn't make much difference. The GPU's own fans do all the cooling and it is a pretty steady stream of air. There won't be much passive air movement anywhere. The last time I ran a vertical set-up, my GPU temps were about 2C better than standard. However, that was a SLI arrangement and it most likely the difference was better air movement around the exterior of the cards in that position. That is about the only thing that might make a difference. You might see a change if your nearest (front?) fans hit the top plate of the GPU at a different angle or intensity. Even then the difference should be slight.

Archived