Corsair Community

Using SP120's with the Lighting Node Pro

Hello! I recently purchased two SP120s to use on my radiator. I do not have the rgb controller for the fans and I cannot find a way or a wire to connect them into the LNP. Do i need to purchase an adapter or something? I tried plugging the RGB wires into my asus z370-f RGB headers and they did light up for a second but went out and didnt come back on. Would the LEDs be damaged? Thank you for any help :)

The SP120s (as well as the rest of the RGB fans) require an RGB fan hub (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub). This will come in the multi-packs but I've not seen it available on its own. It's listed in the Corsair store but you can't add it to the cart; not sure if that's a stock issue or if that's because they just don't sell it individually.

Now ... are the LEDs damaged? It's certainly highly possible. IIRC, those LEDs take 5V and I think those Asus headers are 12V.

Thank you so much for your quick reply and apologies for my late one! I went ahead and purchased a hd120 fan which came with the fan hub.

Unfortunately i am having trouble getting the sp120s to light up. When I plug the hd controller into the fan hub with the hd120 connected the rgbs will light up but this doesnt work with the sp120s. Are my rgbs fried or am I doing something wrong?

Update: i downloaded corsair link and connected the fan hub to my lighting node pro. Still no lights at all. Im presuming i have fried the rgbs in my sp120s and that they should be lighting up right away.

Note that you can only connect one type of RGB fan to each RGB Fan Hub. You can connect either the SP or the HD, not both.

Now, if you connect the SPs to the fan controller, you still need to add them in Link. You may want to rearrange them on the hub; if one is bad, the ones that come after it on the hub won't light either. You may want to try plugging each one individually into Fan Hub 1.

But ... any fan that you plugged into the 12V Asus board may well be fried.

Archived