Corsair Community

Corsair h110i gtx pump not active?

Lukesta

Hey guys i just bought the water cooler, i have installed it and have tried various ways and tried changing various settings and all doesnt seem to want to active the pump? Any suggestions? And also this is my replacement pump, the other one i brought had a bad pump, but this one was tested infront of me and was working 100% but doesnt want to do it for me haha

OK. So what do you mean by "doesn't see to want to activate the pump"? Can you post a screen shot of Link and what you are trying to do?

If the pump wasn't pumping, your CPU temps would go through the roof. Almost immediately on boot; definitely by the time Windows loads.

Yeah thats my issue, the corsair logo is lit up, but the pump is not activating, ive been reading around fixes but all the ones i have tried, doesnt really help trying to fiddle with bios and the cpu heats up to 70 deg in about 20 seconds, it could not be my comp set up im running at the moment can it?

It is a straight sata, but i have not tried molex to sata, ill try that and see what happens

No, that's not likely to help. I ask because straight SATA will have 3.3V, 5V and 12V rails. Molex only has 5V and 12V ... so the molex-to-sata adapters don't have the 3.3V rails. This typically isn't a problem as most devices (drives and the like) don't use the 3.3V rail. I'm not sure if that pump uses the 3.3V rail (it probably doesn't) but it didn't hurt to rule that out as an issue.

This is kind of strange. The H110i/GT does not have a history of pump failures and very few DOA. To get two in a row out of the box is long odds on that cooler. As far as I know, lighting, fan, and pump power all come along the SATA line. If the lights are on, there should be power. Presumably the fans did turn when originally connected to the pump controller. Are there any other drives, devices, etc. on that SATA line? Do they work as expected?

It appears you have been dealing with a local shop. Perhaps it is time to reach out to Corsair directly to secure a replacement. Use the Ticket Support System to initiate the process. You can always change your mind if the requirements are unfeasible, but be sure to mention this is two coolers in a row from the same place.

Archived