Corsair Community

Yeah exactly. I noticed it when I put part of my keyboard to gradient. Number 4 on my numpad switches to orange for a millisecond when white sometimes and there are also some other keys. Don't really know if it's normal :/.

Yeah exactly. I noticed it when I put part of my keyboard to gradient. Number 4 on my numpad switches to orange for a millisecond when white sometimes and there are also some other keys. Don't really know if it's normal :/.

Doesn't bug me too much, could just be the software.

For some reason your dropping a color packet every once in a while, try changing USB ports.

Hmmh... How do you know this and I already have the keyboard USB header in USB 3.0 so how would switching it change anything? Has this worked with some other ppl?

• 1 month later...

Changing USB ports doesn't work for me..

I believe that its software problem.. new led drivers without "optimization" or something? :)

Try this:

> Rainbow Wave effect to left or right, on slow speed

> then just stare your keyboard for minute you should see flickering

> if so.. it must be software issue

Hmmh... How do you know this and I already have the keyboard USB header in USB 3.0 so how would switching it change anything? Has this worked with some other ppl?

Try using USB 2.

As it turns out, USB 3.0 is actually trash. It has a tendency to drop packets a lot, which, with file transfers, is fine, since the system notices and can send the data again. On the other hand, it's too late to send the packet again with a keyboard that's displaying 40 frames per second of effects.

Try this:

> Rainbow Wave effect to left or right, on slow speed

> then just stare your keyboard for minute you should see flickering

> if so.. it must be software issue

no flickering ;):

Edit: I tested it again today and now I got 3 flickers per minute... still looks like droped USB-packages. (using USB3)

Hi everyone. I've bought a damaged Strafe RGB keyboard 4 months ago, and I returned it.

Now I'm writing from my new one as replacement, but I notice the flickering effect you are talking about from two weeks. The old one seemed nearly perfect, but I could not noted that at the time. So is it a software issue?

I'm using an USB extension cable, attacched to a usb 3.0 port (just the keyboard cable, as I read in this forum.

There is any offical advice by Corsair? I've opened a ticket, and I got a response two days ago. The assistance told me to disconnect my keyboard, and while pressing Esc I have to reconnect the cable on my pc. It's a something reset process, I suppose. What do you think?

The flicker seems to appear only with Rainbow effect in my case, in any direction and at any speed of the wave. It's weird, because the Keys involved are random....

I love my keyboard and it would be a very shame and stress replace it again... long story.

No. And resetting the keyboard doesn't help. It's an USB 3.0 issue. Try another USB port or install host controller drivers from the manufacturer. ;):

What about connecting to 2 USB2.0?

I'm glad to hear that my keyboard is not the problem. Or, at least, just seems not to be.

USB 2 should work. I didn't tested it yet. ;):

I've changed port 3.0 without success, flicker is still there. Can it be my extended usb cable? I don't think that changing another usb 3.0 ports on my Rampage would solve the issue... or maybe I've tried unluckily tow Asmedia ports?

To try 2 usb 2.0, I'd need another extender. Maybe someone else can try and figure out.

I've contacted warranty support about it, and linked this thread. Maybe can help. As I told before, their advice was (I just copy that):

''' Please perform the following and verify if the issue persists:

- Unplug the keyboard

- Hold ESC, and insert the USB with the keyboard logo into a USB 3.0 port on the motherboard

- Release ESC after 5 sec '''

PS: What about connecting cables to 2 USB 3.0? It would be a problem/fried keyboard? lol

This is what Corsair support keep saying in my ticket:

Flashing Keyboard with ISP method:

1. Get a paper clip and bend one of tip so you can use it as insertion tool

2. Find the hole located under the left keyboard raiser

3. Before proceeding to next step, make sure the keyboard is not connected any USB port on your PC

4. Use the paperclip to push and hold the switch hidden under the hole. You can feel when the switch is pressed.

5. While the switch is pressed, connect the keyboard to any working USB port on your PC

6. Once connected, CRP_DISABLED drive will open through file manager window

7. Inside this CRP_DISABLED drive, you will find a file firmware.bin

8. Select that file, right click with your mouse and delete it

9. Copy the appropriate ISP (firmware) file into CRP_DISABLED drive

- Strafe RGB firmware: “STRAFERGB_ISP_V205.bin”

10. Once copied, re-plug the USB cable to finish the firmware update

This is what Corsair support keep saying in my ticket:

Flashing Keyboard with ISP method:

1. Get a paper clip and bend one of tip so you can use it as insertion tool

2. Find the hole located under the left keyboard raiser

3. Before proceeding to next step, make sure the keyboard is not connected any USB port on your PC

4. Use the paperclip to push and hold the switch hidden under the hole. You can feel when the switch is pressed.

5. While the switch is pressed, connect the keyboard to any working USB port on your PC

6. Once connected, CRP_DISABLED drive will open through file manager window

7. Inside this CRP_DISABLED drive, you will find a file firmware.bin

8. Select that file, right click with your mouse and delete it

9. Copy the appropriate ISP (firmware) file into CRP_DISABLED drive

- Strafe RGB firmware: “STRAFERGB_ISP_V205.bin”

10. Once copied, re-plug the USB cable to finish the firmware update

Tell them they should ask Corsair James about droped USB 3.0 packages. ;):

yeap. mine is constantly flickering... like you can notice every change in color as a "step". its fast but not fast enough for anyone eyes.
We are talking about another kind of flickering. A few times per minutes some keys flashes at random color. It's very short and random.

Which keyboard do you use? Old LED controller with 16m option enabled?

Archived