Corsair Community

Not detected after firmware update

I have a K70 keyboard that is only a few months old.

Last night it performed a firmware update.

After the update it was working fine.

I turned on my PC today and the keyboard is no longer working, my PC will not see it, even at boot to get in to the bios.

I have tried it on 2 separate PCs with the same result, it is not detected at all.

It continually cycles through the different color patterns but does not interact with the PCs.

The latest log is below. Any way to reset it or is it a paperweight?

[2016-06-22T17:37:26]: UserSessionInfo: locked changed to 0.

[2016-06-22T17:37:26]: UserSessionInfo: connected changed to 1.

[2016-06-22T17:37:26]: UserSessionInfo: local changed to 1.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: UserSessionInfo: locked changed to 0.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: UserSessionInfo: connected changed to 1.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: UserSessionInfo: local changed to 1.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: UserSessionInfo: locked changed to 0.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: UserSessionInfo: connected changed to 1.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: UserSessionInfo: local changed to 1.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: Device profile (meta) for device vid=10d5 pid=d not found.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: Device profile (meta) for device vid=e0ff pid=2 not found.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: Device profile (meta) for device vid=41e pid=403 not found.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: Device profile (meta) for device vid=41e pid=403 not found.

[2016-06-22T17:37:28]: Device profile (meta) for device vid=e0ff pid=2 not found.

Already contacted support, but they are not responding. Opened a ticket via email and was told to open a ticket on the support portal instead, but the portal has gotten no response that's why I came here. I guess I may as well bite the bullet and just do a return to Amazon. I really liked the keyboard, but failing at exactly 60 days is kind of a bummer. :-(

Already contacted support, but they are not responding. Opened a ticket via email and was told to open a ticket on the support portal instead, but the portal has gotten no response that's why I came here. I guess I may as well bite the bullet and just do a return to Amazon. I really liked the keyboard, but failing at exactly 60 days is kind of a bummer. :-(

Pm Corsair Wizard or Corsair Henry and see if they cant get teh files and steps emailed to you.

I uninstalled the software and reinstalled after downloading from their site, nothing happened but after a reboot it started working again. Do not know if it was the reinstall as not sure how that could effect it if it was not seen before windows even started, but that was all I did.

They finally answered mine after it started working again. They told me to hold the Esc key, and while holding it, unplug and re-plug in the keyboard. I did not try it because mine was already working. Can't hurt for you to give it a try.

I have a RGB Strafe Silent, and when I updated the firmware it initially worked, but when I turned my computer off for the night and then turned it back on for work this morning, the keyboard would not work at all. The lights would come on but none of the keys worked. I tried holding Esc and unplugged it and plugged it back in while it was held down, and it worked! :D:

They finally answered mine after it started working again. They told me to hold the Esc key, and while holding it, unplug and re-plug in the keyboard. I did not try it because mine was already working. Can't hurt for you to give it a try.

hopefully the 2.05 firmware update being rolled out rn should fix this issue in the future.

I have a RGB Strafe Silent, and when I updated the firmware it initially worked, but when I turned my computer off for the night and then turned it back on for work this morning, the keyboard would not work at all. The lights would come on but none of the keys worked. I tried holding Esc and unplugged it and plugged it back in while it was held down, and it worked! :D:

so it doesnt fix the problem if you just unplug it and dont hold escape?

Archived