Corsair Community

LL fans stopped working after PC shut down

vicko

Hi all, just built a brand new machine with a 570x, Commander Pro, 4 LL fans and some LED strips. Had everything set up and working correctly last night before I went to bed, then shut down the PC. Woke up this morning, turned it on, and the LEDs on the LL fans stopped working. Been at it about 2 hours now and I give up. Here's what I tried:

Downgrading the firmware on the Commander Pro.

Switching ports of the fans on the hub

Switching LED ports on the Commander Pro

Installing an older version of Link

The fans will spin but I cannot get them to light up. They were working all last night, even after several reboots, and I even recorded several videos of them working. Literally the only thing that changed was that I shut down the PC.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

have you got a lighting node pro to try in place of the commander pro to cancel that out?.. and i assume you also have a spare Corsair RGB Led Fan hub??..

i am assuming you bought a LL triple pack?

and what is Corsair link saying?.. does it see your Commander and Fans?

uh ... if you bought the fans separately, where did you get the RGB fan hub? Did you buy that separately as well?

This might be a silly question ... but is anything powered via a molex-to-sata adapter?

No, direct SATA going from the commander to the PSU

Hi all, just built a brand new machine with a 570x, Commander Pro, 4 LL fans and some LED strips. Had everything set up and working correctly last night before I went to bed, then shut down the PC. Woke up this morning, turned it on, and the LEDs on the LL fans stopped working. Been at it about 2 hours now and I give up. Here's what I tried:

This also happend to me yesterday evening. Since i had to get up early to go to work i never got the chance to investigate

I have the same LL Fans but without the comander pro i have the lightning pro thingy that comes with the 3pack of LL package.

I was streaming for a good 5-7 hours no problem at all. Turned of the pc took a shower rememberd i had to send an email and no Lights

But for me its not showing up in corsair Link at all

• Corsair Employee

For the LL fans you'd want to make sure you're running the most recent firmware for the Commander PRO and the most recent version of Link software (4.9.2.27).

Have you tried reconfiguring the channel the LL fans are connected to to just a series of RGB strips to see what happens? I'm trying to figure out if the hardware itself is the problem or if there's an issue with the software.

This also happend to me yesterday evening. Since i had to get up early to go to work i never got the chance to investigate

I have the same LL Fans but without the comander pro i have the lightning pro thingy that comes with the 3pack of LL package.

I was streaming for a good 5-7 hours no problem at all. Turned of the pc took a shower rememberd i had to send an email and no Lights

But for me its not showing up in corsair Link at all

nvm i solved this by switching power cable on the psu =S rememberd that i had a skinnier one that i missplaced and took from the monitor when i was lifting my pc ontop of my desk =) jeiij

I am, but the fans aren't hooked up to the Aura connector. Actually, nothing is. Only the motherboard LEDs are controlled by Aura.

Understood ... but some others have posted about conflicting issues with Aura and Link.

Couple of questions: 1) Do you have Link set to run at startup? Silly question but I don't think we asked. The LL fans are software controlled.

2) Can you uninstall Aura? Perhaps install an earlier version of Aura? Or an earlier version of Link (I think you'll need one of the earlier 4.9 versions for LL support).

I'm also having problems.....

I have six 140mm LL fans. I have the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro. I recently replaced my x99 board with a Rampage V Edition 10. I am running Asus Aura to control my motherboard, Strix 1080ti SLI and Asus RGB HB bridge. If I turn the power off from the power supply unit, Corsair Link no longer sees my fans. It doesnt even recognize them. The only way to resolve this issue, is to unplug the Commander Pro/Lightning Node from the USB 2.0 motherboard header....then reconnect. I recently RMA'd my motherboard because I thought something was wrong with the USB 2.0 headers. My new replacement should be here on Monday.

I'm starting to read more more about other people having the same issue. I'll probably still have this issue when I receive my new motherboard. Does anyone here have any more information?

Archived