Corsair Community

void pro sidetone not working after last update

intelisbetter

i cant seem to find anywhere to report a bug to corsair. so i guess ill just post here and see if i can get some help. After the latest ICUE update my side tone no longer works while dolby surrond sound is active. Before the update as annoying as it was to have to manually mute and unmute the sidetone after muting my mic the side tone still worked. But now my sidetone will not work when i have dolby surround sound on, if i turn it off i can hear myself but if i dont then my side tone is completely muted. i have tried muting and unmuting, changing the sidetone levels, flipping my mic up to mute then putting it back down, force updating the headset firmware, and even uninstalling then reinstalling. Nothing has worked and the problem started right after i updated a day or two ago im pretty convinced its a bug with the latest update. i have a pre built its an HP omen 870-224 but i dont think my computer is the problem. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know of a fix?

• 8 months later...
Same issue here. The side tone will randomly become muted. I found this to be the case when I flip the microphone to a vertical position and it mutes. When I flip it down to a horizontal level the side tone would sometimes mute. This is very frustrating since I like to hear a little bit of my own voice when using the headset. Very inconsistent experience. I think this may be a software bug more than anything else. I need to investigate the exact steps to repro the issue. Will share them here. The only workaround I have found is to open ICUE and mute and unmute side tone. That seem to unbreak it.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...