Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Pro LL Fans RPM issue

Hey guys,

I just installed a commander pro with 4 LL Fans and they keep fluctuating RPM, on quiet mode they range between 1000-1500 rpm. Is this accurate? Before I just had 3 LL Fans connected to the lightning node pro without the commander pro and they never were that loud, granted you can’t control the performance without the commander pro, I just don’t like how loud they are running now... I have a MSI Z390 Gaming Pro carbon motherboard as well. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

If you have those fans connected to the Commander Pro fan headers, you need to make a control curve for them. Don't use the three presets. Those are tied to CPU temp with no hysteresis and you can see the results with a dynamic CPU. Click the + symbol to make a new "cooling mode", then pick an appropriate control variable in the drop down. For most people, GPU temp is a quick solution. Set the dots appropriately for your expected temp range and preferred noise level.

• 2 years later...
If you have those fans connected to the Commander Pro fan headers, you need to make a control curve for them. Don't use the three presets. Those are tied to CPU temp with no hysteresis and you can see the results with a dynamic CPU. Click the + symbol to make a new "cooling mode", then pick an appropriate control variable in the drop down. For most people, GPU temp is a quick solution. Set the dots appropriately for your expected temp range and preferred noise level.

And you told me (if i remember) to delete the presets or just create and use a new one? :D

Yes, I am suggesting users with a Commander Core not use the Quiet/Balanced/Extreme presets. They are linked to CPU temp and you cannot modify the preset. On any recent CPU, it will keep the fans at an elevated pace constantly. GPU temp, motherboard temp, or coolant temp (for Corsair AIO) are good quick replacements, but you will need to make the curve Y axis temp scale appropriate for that choice. The best solution is to use the temp probes from the Commander Pro box. 1 near the rear exhaust is an excellent indicator of case ambient temperature and whether you need more intake/exhaust speed to bring it back under control.