Corsair Community

Need help

Dennis1290

Hello , i have a problem with OBS ( open broadcast software ) streaming .

When ever my dolby is activated all the sound in my stream becomes echoing .

Now i already figured the problem is with the 7.1 option and obs cant encode 7.1 , now i have seeen some streamers also using the crossair 7.1 void without the weird sound bug ,

Basicly my qeustion is if someone knows how to fix this issue without having to turn off 7.1 since it makes gaming really weird .

Well after some long research i found out what the problem is , windows wont detect the headset as 7.1 and puts it to stereo , CUE makes it 7.1 but on my stream you hear both the stereo and the 7.1 . welp im a huge corsair fanboy have everything from corsair but seems its time to switch headsets .

windows wont detect the headset as 7.1

This would be a bug in the Corsair driver, or incompatibility with some Windows software; keep on them to get it fixed, since Windows SHOULD detect the headset as 7.1.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/problem-with-71-in-my-usb-headset-win10/10e85adc-b9ec-4bfa-bf2c-e8d14e6f3bd4

Did you ensure you have latest USB drivers, etc.?

• Corsair Employees
Well after some long research i found out what the problem is , windows wont detect the headset as 7.1 and puts it to stereo , CUE makes it 7.1 but on my stream you hear both the stereo and the 7.1 . welp im a huge corsair fanboy have everything from corsair but seems its time to switch headsets .

This is actually an issue with how OBS processes virtual surround outputs vs true 7.1. The Void and Void Pro are being detected as intended because they use virtual surround for the 7.1 experience. We recommend setting CUE to Stereo mode when using them for content creation. This behavior is normal for any headset that uses virtual surround 7.1 implementation.

Archived