Corsair Community

HD120 RGB fans- CoPro, only one fan working.

Emenar

https://imgur.com/vaXF21p

https://imgur.com/8V8JH5B

https://imgur.com/vlyDIai

3 HD120 RGB fans- RGB fan controller wired into a CoPro

Only ever getting RGB functionality out of the fan in port 1. Doesn't matter which fan it is- I can swap this between all 3 and they work fine.

iCue setup is shown in the images above.

Had no issues with RGB from the fans when it was the manual controller- only once the CoPro was introduced.

Any input on anything I may be doing wrong before I pick up another fan controller to attempt to root that out as my issue?

W10 64 bit, Gigabyte mobo, Ryzen CPU.

Thanks.

Are you using a RGB hub and have you enabled the fans under your Lighting Channel Setup (see attached)?

Also see link for lighting setup diagrams: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I am using a RGB hub- sorry. yessir, I took a link at Zotty's guide.

I also updated the included pictures to show the lighting setup for the CoPro, sorry that I missed that!

If you put the push button controller back in, they all work, yes?

What about Instant Lighting? Have you tried that?

And ... did you make sure that you are connected to Lighting CHannel 1 on the CoPro? What happens if you connect/configure Lighting Channel 2?

3 HD120 RGB fans- RGB fan controller wired into a CoPro

Can you confirm that you are not trying to use the HD fan Button Controller with the CoPro?

The only other thing I can think of is to check the SATA connector to the RGB hub. As your fans were working before installing the CoPro, I wouldn't think you have an LED issue although, it still may be worth checking the fans individually as they have to run in series. One bad fan will throw the whole series out.

Maybe someone else will chime in with ideas...

If you put the push button controller back in, they all work, yes?

What about Instant Lighting? Have you tried that?

And ... did you make sure that you are connected to Lighting CHannel 1 on the CoPro? What happens if you connect/configure Lighting Channel 2?

yep, i put the push button control back in at your advice... lo and behold, nothing works now. ;_;

fan 1 had two LED's working, fan 2 had none, and fan 3 had all working, I power cycled and I have none working now...

I am in lighting channel 1, and i tried 2.

Gonna reboot and see if it changes anything.

Can you confirm that you are not trying to use the HD fan Button Controller with the CoPro?

The only other thing I can think of is to check the SATA connector to the RGB hub. As your fans were working before installing the CoPro, I wouldn't think you have an LED issue although, it still may be worth checking the fans individually as they have to run in series. One bad fan will throw the whole series out.

Maybe someone else will chime in with ideas...

Yessir, I did attempt changing the sata connections around to test them.

I now have no LED's per above, though.

yep, i put the push button control back in at your advice... lo and behold, nothing works now. ;_;

fan 1 had two LED's working, fan 2 had none, and fan 3 had all working, I power cycled and I have none working now...

I am in lighting channel 1, and i tried 2.

Gonna reboot and see if it changes anything.

You're not 'hot swapping' connectors are you?

You're not 'hot swapping' connectors are you?

nosir, complete shutdown+ removal from wall power

CoPro isn't working properly w/ my friend's HD120's either. (but his LED's still work, thankfully)

Going to put in an RMA for it, just gonna pretty much chalk it up to being DOA on arrival at this point

Glad to hear you weren’t hot swapping. Quite frankly I’m at a loss. Maybe RMA is the way to go. Let’s see if DevBiker jumps in again as his knowledge is far superior than mine.

I’d be curious to know the results if you do get a replacement CoPro.

So ... hmmm ... push button controller is usually a good test to determine if it's a fan issue or a controller issue.

That makes it look like a fan issue.

Have you re-arranged the fans on the hub? Because they operate in series, 1 bad fan can take the entire chain down.

Put a fan in port 1. Does it work? Yes? Move to port 2. Put another fan in port 1. Does it work? Does fan 2 work? If both work, that fan is good.

Repeat ... then put the first fan back in port 1 and a "good" fan in port 2.

This way you validate both the fan AND whether it's passing signal down.

So ... hmmm ... push button controller is usually a good test to determine if it's a fan issue or a controller issue.

That makes it look like a fan issue.

Have you re-arranged the fans on the hub? Because they operate in series, 1 bad fan can take the entire chain down.

Put a fan in port 1. Does it work? Yes? Move to port 2. Put another fan in port 1. Does it work? Does fan 2 work? If both work, that fan is good.

Repeat ... then put the first fan back in port 1 and a "good" fan in port 2.

This way you validate both the fan AND whether it's passing signal down.

yessir. I've rearranged them in all possible orders, and tried another hub (my co-worker also has a set of HD120's, and he was kind enough to let me use his)

I didn't try plugging his fans into mine, I actually should do that, but, otherwise still no dice. I'm at a loss. Dug my receipts out, I put in a ticket for an RMA.

I'm just mainly curious as to why it happened at this point

What does the cable from the CoPro to the Fan Hub look like? Is it the same on both ends? Is it only two wires (Pins 2 and 3)?

This is all quite odd. Really, at this point, I have to wonder if +5V went down the Data line, which is why I'm asking about the cable.

Archived