Corsair Community

Unable to adjust fan speed in Corsair Link

Betrige

Hello. So i recently had to replace my mobo and hard drive and solid state hard drive. After doing so and reinstalling everything, the fan noise is ridiculously loud. I am unable to adjust the fan speeds in corsair link like i was able to before and even manually changing the speeds in the BIOS doesn't do it. I changed all of the speeds to around 500-700 rpms and its still as loud as it would be if they were all at 1200 rpms. I've tried pretty much everything over the past couple of days that I could find online but nothing seems to do the trick. Has anyone had this problem recently?

Are you taking about fan connected to a Commander Pro? Or a cooler? Please be specific since different coolers have different set up procedures. None of the coolers should be adjustable from the BIOS. Depending on model it will either be ineffective (SATA power) or harmful (motherboard power).

In Link, make sure you have the control GROUP set to the appropriate variable. If this is a cooler, it should be H80i/H100i/H115i Temp (coolant temperature). The preset curves were designed for that range, not CPU temp.

OK, so all the power for the pump and fans comes from the SATA connection. That lead into the motherboard reports half the pump speed and is not a control line. Its only real purpose is to help prevent CPU boot errors when nothing is on CPU_FAN. All your speed adjustments must happen in Link.

1) Does the H115i show up in Link? It should have its own box with fan speed, pump speed, and coolant temperature (H115i Temp). Click on any of them to make the configuration pop-up appear and change.

2) Still no response? Switch the two fan connectors on the pump Y-splitter. There is only one fan controller in there and only one fan controls. Sometimes you get a bad line or connector. See if a swap works.

3) What kind of curve are you running? One of the Quiet, Balanced, Performance presets? Make sure the Group is set to coolant temp (H115i temp). What is your coolant temp at the desktop idle state?

OK, then the exact fan speed is unknown. What you see in the BIOS is half pump speed and should be either ~1000 (for the Quiet/Low setting) or 1400-1500 for the higher speed. It's either or, not variable or progressive.

However, that also makes job 1 to get the cooler recognized. Make sure the USB plug is secure on both ends (you must have it for Link to work). If still nothing, move it to a different internal USB plug (if you have it). Check the device manager for yellow triangles. Unfortunately, the USB side of things is not my area and hopefully someone else has more detailed ideas. This is also an often discussed issue. Check the forum for other threads that may be related.

Archived