Corsair Community

H105 Pump MTBF

REALAlucard

Hello. I have an Asus Sabertooth z97 motherboard and I use their fan control software. I see all the fans including the 2 CPU fans (as one) and the pump as CPU_OPT.

Since the pump is connected to CPU_OPT, i can not control it directly from the software. Instead it will speed up and down depending on the CPU fans.

I have very powerful fans so they are about 95% of the time @ 0%, turning on for about 3-4 seconds @ 25% (and with them the pump).

My question is: Is this good or bad for the pump? Can i leave it or would it be better to just connect it to the psu (RX 1000) leaving it on 100% all the time?

:thinking:

Thanks.

thank you for your reply now it is 1-0 :P the pump is not loud so i wouldnt mind keeping it @ 100% but is there any proof that it is better? i hope it is not like with the HDDs where some ppl say it is better to keep them running all the time instead of putting them to sleep when not used.

Any one else? :P

thank you for your reply now it is 1-0 :P the pump is not loud so i wouldnt mind keeping it @ 100% but is there any proof that it is better?

Proof? That pump, along with its connected radiator, is the primary component that keeps your CPU cool. For the most part, the fans could be shut off and the pump circulating the water through the radiator will do the job. Run it constantly at 100%. That is how it is designed. Further, the power or sensor cable to the pump should be on the CPU_FAN header. Why people insist on doing it differently, by putting it no CPU_OPT or CASE# headers is beyond me. The BIOS polls the CPU_FAN RPM lead at boot to determine if the CPU has cooling. Combined with the above citation, the pump needs to be on that header and no other. If ya got no pump, soon ya got no CPU.

Archived