Corsair Community

Corsair H100i not cooling CPU

johnypq

I have been trying to solve this problem for a while and had 2 computer shops check this out finding no reason for this to happen and not knowing what to do. Also contacted Corsair tech support with no luck. :(:

My H100i is properly mounted on the CPU with changing thermal paste each time it was removed. My Radiator and Fans are mounted on the top of my case with the air blowing out.

CPU temp will idle at 30 deg C but when I run prime 95 or flight simulator X the temp goes up to 100 deg C within 10 secds

When running prime 95 the hoses seem to feel when I touch them like water is going through them but do not get warm and air coming out of the top of the case is cool.

Pump light is on (white) and feels firmly attached to the CPU (no wiggle)

Updated corsair link software is installed

Has anyone had this problem before ..........

I have a 760T case, and when I mounted my H100i (on a I7-4770k CPU running at 4.3 MHz) with the fans out-flowing from the case , I was getting CPU temps in the middle 40's. I unscrewed the radiator, took the H100I fans off, and mounted them on the "bottom" and was in-flowing air over the radiator into the case , and my temps went down in the middle 30's. I now have 4 fans pulling air into the case (push/pull) and the CPU runs around 32C, and never gets above 40C unless I seriously stress it, then the highest I have reached is never over 50C. Right now, my H100I is 28C and my CPU is 32C, and I have 4 Internet tabs open and am running a full scan on all my drives. If you inflow, make sure to filter the intakes with something more than mesh. On my 760T case, I used 1/2 3M magnetic/adhesive strips and PurPC filter material on all my intakes.

have you checked the backplate to insure the 2 small cutouts are facing up?

are you or have you Oc the pc?

The backplate seems to only go in 1 way(4 pegs into motherboard holes) , why does it matter if cutouts are facing up or down ?

The backplate seems to only go in 1 way(4 pegs into motherboard holes) , why does it matter if cutouts are facing up or down ?
Because that would cause the H100i block to not make complete and leveled contact with the CPU.

In addition to the backplate not being placed correctly, some motherboards are thinner than others. I had to install washers on my backplate in order to get the H100i to make complete contact with the CPU. Prior to the washers, there was give and the H100i would hit 80c when gaming.

Because that would cause the H100i block to not make complete and leveled contact with the CPU.

In addition to the backplate not being placed correctly, some motherboards are thinner than others. I had to install washers on my backplate in order to get the H100i to make complete contact with the CPU. Prior to the washers, there was give and the H100i would hit 80c when gaming.

as harry says,,it matters very much for proper seating and cooling...

I have a similar situation. My CPU, running at stock settings, sits at 70 - 75 C when running the stress test in AIDA64, but even after 3 1/2 hours stress testing the H100i temperature is only 30.5 degrees C.

I can't decide if my cooler is working well or not. If the water was getting hot I would say it was not right, but is it really working so well the water temperature only rises by such a small amount?

Certainly the CPU is not overheating.:roll:

I have a similar situation. My CPU, running at stock settings, sits at 70 - 75 C when running the stress test in AIDA64, but even after 3 1/2 hours stress testing the H100i temperature is only 30.5 degrees C.

I can't decide if my cooler is working well or not. If the water was getting hot I would say it was not right, but is it really working so well the water temperature only rises by such a small amount?

Certainly the CPU is not overheating.:roll:

you likely should check to see if your m/b is thinner than the standard ones and see if there may be a capacitor stopping proper hydro seating...

I have a similar problem but with a 4670k and H80i on Maximus Hero VI. It idles at 40C and goes to like 72C on gaming load (Planetside 2). BTW, everything is STOCK.

I installed Corsair Link 2.6.5214 with firmware 1.0.7 to have better control of fan speeds and noticed something weird - the fan speeds did not have an effect on the CPU temp at all! I basically fixed it at 1000rpm and played my only taxing game, Planetside 2, and monitored the temps after a large scale battle (Bio-Lab battles is what they call it in this game). Then I cranked it to max rpm and repeated this. To my dismay, the temps peaked at 68-72C in both cases. I then tried using IBT to stress test and observe temps doing the same thing (fix at 1000 rpm first and then do max rpm). That scared the living crap out of me because in both cases, the temps immediately shot to 100C in like 2 seconds, in which I immediately stopped the test in fear of burning out my CPU.

I also tried remounting already since I realized the first mount I had the backplate upside down in which the notches on the backplate were facing the bottom. Unfortunately, that did not do anything at all either. Temps remained the same. Now I am a complete loss..help anyone?

CL shows everything working - fans work as stated above (don't hear any rattling noises or anything suspicious) and pump is at 2250 rpm. Max voltage I've seen on PS2 is 1.044V which I think is ok.

Specs:

i5 4670k stock speed at 3.4 ghz

Corsair H80i (push-pull)

ASUS Maximus Hero VI

16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws

GTX 770

Corsair HX850

Fractal Design Define R4 Case with the 2 stock fans installed (not additional fans yet)

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Archived