Corsair Community

New H100i

snapper69

I bought another H100i to try. I installed it, switched on and the Corsair logo was red alternating white and the fans were running fast enough to almost lift my 750D off the table. This was followed by a BSOD and several reboots before it reached Windows.

I moved the connector to a different USB header and switched on. Corsair logo white, fans at reasonable speed and it booted to Vista. Vista then found new hardware and installed it, so I (foolishly) installed Link and rebooted.

The temps were, coolest core 27 to hottest core 45, at idle (3570 overclocked to 4.3) but Link still didn't find my H100i.

I looked at Device Mangler and there was an entry for an HID device but it had an exclaimation mark by it.

Does anyone know what I should try next please?

Well, I thought that I'd have one more go at getting it to work, so I uninstalled Link, removed the usb plug and rebooted, left it run a few minutes then rebooted again. I let it run for 5 mins, opened Device Manager and plugged the lead back into the usb header and an HID device popped up. I installed an older version of Link and rebooted again. Nothing. Reaching the "clutching at straws point" I disconnected my Cyborg keyboard. All of a sudden the H100i appeared in Link, problem solved? We'll see when I next reboot.

For all of 10 minutes. I plugged my keyboard in (to different USB sockets) and while all the devices were still where I moved them to in the case graphic and the LED was still blue there were no readings. I rebooted and the readings came back, except for the H100i ones. Still, at least I know that it WILL work. I think that my motherboard drivers (which include the USB drivers) are up to date. I hope that this doesn't mean that my keyboard is incompatible with Link, my wife will go ballistic if I say that I need to buy a new keyboard. Anyone else had problems with a Saitek Cyborg keyboard?

Can I download the firmware update file? Mine's 1.5, but if I try to update it, it wants a file on the computer.

I've lost patience with it. Windows doesn't even recognise it with no keyboard plugged in now and the Corsair logo is permanently red. I've contacted Amazon and they are sending me a replacement, should be here tomorrow. Although after 2 problem ones this one had better work or else it goes back for a refund and I will buy one from a competitor, which doesn't have to be plugged in to USB and doesn't have software.

Well, I installed the third on on Saturday and everything worked great (even if I did have to disconnect my keyboard again before the H100i was detected). That is until Sunday morning, when Link had lost it. I tried reinstalling Link and it found the cooler, Link said that my H100i needed an upgrade to 1.07 so I clicked OK. Everything appeared to go OK until the end where I was told that there had been an error. The Corsair logo went red and no matter what I did, Windows wouldn't detect it.

That's it, I've ordered an air cooler and arranged to send the H100i back to Amazon, again.

Archived