Corsair Community

H100i Problems

mattb1992

Got a completely new setup!

Installed all correctly until a couple of days ago my H100i started to say cpu fan error, i opened the case fans were running fine maybe a little slow, but i noticed the corsair logo that lights up doesn't light up anymore, my corsair software does not recognize the H100i cooler at all, just wondering if i could get some help, i have replugged everything in multiple times still coming up with cpu fan error and corsair logo not lighting up!

My specs are:

3770k at 3.9Ghz

ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

G.Skill Trident X 2600C10QGTXD 8GB DDR3

Corsair Hydro Series H100i CPU Cooler

OCZ Vector 128GB SSD

Western Digital WD Black 1TB WD1002FAEX

Thermaltake Black Chaser MK-I Full Tower

750 Watt Thermaltake Q-fan Toughpower

I will remove one of the usb hubs that are in use by something else i forget what it is!

Just odd that it was working perfectly fine one day then the next it wasnt, umm i dont think any other internal or external usb's are connected atm i will get back to you though.

So i removed all USB ports and devices!

CPU fan error still pops up and the Corsair logo flashes once when turned on then completely turns off everything else seems to work fine, just the logo doesnt light up and it comes up with CPU fan error =(

Any other suggestions i can do?

Thanx

So i removed all USB ports and devices!

CPU fan error still pops up and the Corsair logo flashes once when turned on then completely turns off everything else seems to work fine, just the logo doesnt light up and it comes up with CPU fan error =(

Any other suggestions i can do?

Thanx

in removing usb devices did you leave the cpu-fan connector hooked up?

if not it sets a fan error

sorry i meant devices other than the cooler

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem as mattb92

the corsair logo flashes blue once when boot. and dont see the CPU fan working.

Corsain Link 2 couldnt find the H100i pump anymore.

I have tried plugging the 3 pin (1 pin actually) cable to any other 4 pin headers on the mobo. still wont work or have the logo light up

and also CPU Fan error when boot

and I'm not much a tech guy

• Corsair Employee
Are the fans on the radiator running at all when you turn on the system? it does sound like the cooler is not getting any power. Check the SATA connector connected to the PSU and make sure its properly plugged in.

I had this exact same issue. Except the fans stopped working for me when they were plugged into the waterblock. I returned my H100i and got a replacement, which works fine. The LED light and fans power up and stay on. But I'm getting a CPU fan error again!

I used to be a Corsair fanboy, but after my problems with the H100, I'm kind of reconsidering my opinion of the company.

• Corsair Employee
But I'm getting a CPU fan error again!

Check the C Link SW and see what the pump's rpm is.. CPU fan error is typically caused when you don't have anything connected to the CPU_fan header or you have something connected but not getting data out of it or its not being detected.

• 1 year later...
I have same problem with h100i I installed it and just gave cpu fan error I think problem is with H100i design problem. H110 do not have corsair link cable .. I am not able to use my computer since 1 month.. What should I do...

1) What do you have connected to your CPU_FAN motherboard header?

2) You probably can disable the CPU warning altogether in BIOS. Check your motherboard's manual.

3) If you have the fans connected to the H100i, try connecting them to your motherboard instead. (That is how my H100i is connected though I still had to lower the CPU warning threshold to 400 RPM to stop the CPU fan error.)

Archived