Corsair Community

Top SP120 fan wobbly (it came with Corsair 570x case)

tgm1024

First of all, I'm having trouble telling if it's the whole fan assembly that is wobbling, or just some kind of center circle (the black center) that is somehow wobbling, though I can't see how that could be because it's no mere haphazardly placed sticker.

I find it worrisome because the other two fans appear rock solid, and this one is standing out visually.

Not what you want with a glass case. And, I have no idea if the longevity of this fan is now in question. (Is this an issue?)

My questions are: Is this a return scenario for the entire case (God I hope not), or is there a way to have Corsair issue an RMA for just the fan?

I know the sensation, but unless you are hearing a clear vibration noise to go along with it, it's just the center sticker. I have some TT Riing fans that not only had casually placed stickers, but the design of the logo amplified the effect. Fortunately, they came of so easily. The Sails logo is not symmetrical so there is a strong chance this is an optical effect and nothing more. Obviously if it is really irksome, you'll need to make a decision about peeling them off.

I know the sensation, but unless you are hearing a clear vibration noise to go along with it, it's just the center sticker. I have some TT Riing fans that not only had casually placed stickers, but the design of the logo amplified the effect. Fortunately, they came of so easily. The Sails logo is not symmetrical so there is a strong chance this is an optical effect and nothing more. Obviously if it is really irksome, you'll need to make a decision about peeling them off.

Thanks.

It's irksome when lit up right next to two other lit up SP's that are rock solid. :( So you think it's the sticker? I really didn't seem that way, but it's murder to tell, because it's not obvious until it's spinning.

Perhaps I'll yank the stickers. {shudder} Seems a little Draconian....

How ugly is it under those stickers anyway?

I don't know, not having any SP120 RGB's on hand. However, I would expect just plain plastic, although on that fan it might be clear and removing the sticker could also change the visual appearance as a whole.

A less permanent step might be to re-position that fan to the bottom or top of the front panel out of your visual range. For that matter, you should take it off so you can run in your hand or twirl the blade (disconnected) to see if there is a genuine issue. This should be more apparent in your hand versus on the rail surrounded by other moving parts.

I don't know, not having any SP120 RGB's on hand. However, I would expect just plain plastic, although on that fan it might be clear and removing the sticker could also change the visual appearance as a whole.

A less permanent step might be to re-position that fan to the bottom or top of the front panel out of your visual range. For that matter, you should take it off so you can run in your hand or twirl the blade (disconnected) to see if there is a genuine issue. This should be more apparent in your hand versus on the rail surrounded by other moving parts.

Actually you raise another question in me noggin that's been bugging me.

Are fan power lines (these days) protected by a diode-bridge or some other one-way shunt of some kind?

I've seen people vacuum their fans clean by letting them spin and spin and spin.

And motors are simply generators in reverse....

Archived