Corsair Community

Corsair 460X RGB fan not lighting up

yurisminator

Sorry if im not easy to understand English is not my first language.

So ive had my 460x for 14 days now and im loving it! Great airflow and really suits all my needs.

Today i turn on my pc and the 3 fans that was connected when i picked it up are not lighting up, they have been working no problem up untill now.

Two of them are connected to my kraken x52 cpu cooler since im using a front rad config. Has kept it to a cool 54c.

The fans are spinning, and i tried to unplug them from the hub and then boot and then turning it off and then replug them and booting doesnt work either :(

Any ideas? Or should i contact the place i bought the case from?

Are you using the SP120 RGB fans that came with the case on the X52? Those are 3 pin DC fans and the X52 requires PWM 4 pin fans, if you are powering and controlling them from the pump connectors. I am not sure this is related to the lighting issue, but it would make the fans connected to the X52 run at 100% all the time and ignore any CAM directives.

The lighting and fan power occur in two different places. If the fans spin, they are getting power from the X52 or motherboard. If it is only the lighting, then you likely need to focus on the Corsair lighting control device. Make sure the SATA power cable is secure at both ends and obviously the fan connections as well. Are you using the manual controller or the built in case controller?

Yes im using the SP120 fans with the kraken, and if i had not bought the case with the 3 rgb fans i would be using the included NZXT fans. Im aware of them going at 100% lol. Its not that loud. I dont think thats the problem either since they have the sepperate connector for power.

Im using the controller on the top of the case but the little one is placed inside the case as stock, ive tried both and no change. The sata connector is secure and ive tried reseating the connections on the controller. With no luck.

• Corsair Employee

The LED hub requires the fans to be connected in sequential order starting with port1. If you haven't tried already, connect each fan individually in Port 1 to make sure they light up. If all of them light up, add another to Port 2 then Port 3. If none of them light up in Port 1 and you double checked the connections, your next step should be submitting a ticket on the support site below so we can get the issue corrected for you.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

Archived