Corsair Community

Does the 570x RGB have blue tinted glass?

tgm1024

The pictures I've seen with the LEDs off show that the glass is roughly the same neutral hue-less but darkened tint that the 460x uses for its glass.

But one review mentioned that there was a blue-tint to the 570x's glass.

Is that true? Wouldn't that interfere with the aesthetics of the other-than-blue colors?

• 1 month later...

I bought the 570x shortly after this ^^^^ post, and wanted to report back on what I did find to be the color of the glass.

While there is a very slight tinge of blue to the glass, it's not something that hardly anyone would find readily identifiable as such. You actually have to look for it.

In fact, if anything, it's a little bit of a "gunmetal gray" variety, but even that description implies too much blue.

Whatever it is, it frankly looks great. My concerns were misplaced.

I bought the 570x shortly after this ^^^^ post, and wanted to report back on what I did find to be the color of the glass.

While there is a very slight tinge of blue to the glass, it's not something that hardly anyone would find readily identifiable as such. You actually have to look for it.

In fact, if anything, it's a little bit of a "gunmetal gray" variety, but even that description implies too much blue.

Whatever it is, it frankly looks great. My concerns were misplaced.

Yes, they were. :sunglasse For me I'm usually in a darker room at night and with the RGB fans and LED strips in the case unless I get within a foot or so it looks like there isn't even a side panel on it, it's just completely clear, my girlfriend even said the first time she saw it "you don't have a side on your PC" :biggrin:

Hello there,

So the 570X has a slightly dark tint to it, but it is not blue. We have, in the past, requested a blue-ish tint panel set, but it has not made it into final production. There's also no word if we will, it was just a single example set.

It's not precisely a neutral gray, but you're right: Almost no one on earth would characterize it as blue (other than the one reviewer I saw that made me nervous). Having color science in my background, I'll admit that there is a sliver of it.

I'm very glad it's not identifiably blue.

As for not seeing the glass in certain lights, that also threw me once. I was getting ready to bring the unit upstairs when I stopped and said "oops", because it looked like I had forgotten to replace the side panel. At certain angles, it does look wide open at times. Weird, because it's not totally clear glass.

Archived