The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 07:50 AM

POST ID # = 902680
Saybershadow Reputation: 10
Default Flickering after ripple effect.

Hi I just updated a bit my keyboard profile to have an ripple effect on key press and I notice the other colors flickering before and after the ripple passes them.
For example if there was a green color it will become a darker green, let the ripple past, then flicker between a darker green to the regular color for a bit, then will become the regular green color it supposed to be.

I'm no sure if it flicker between darker colors and the regular color or just between lower brightness and normal one.

I don't think it was like that before, is it normal?

Help would be appreciated.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:26 AM

POST ID # = 902773
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 101

This may be normal due to the 16.8 million colour issue.

Have you tried enabling the 16.8 million colour mode under Global settings? Does it reduce the flicker?

Old 05-11-2017, 07:35 AM

POST ID # = 902778
Saybershadow Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
This may be normal due to the 16.8 million colour issue.

Have you tried enabling the 16.8 million colour mode under Global settings? Does it reduce the flicker?
Disabling it reduces the flicker, but it seems to be that way for everyone pretty much, no?

Old 05-14-2017, 07:21 AM

POST ID # = 903143
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 101

Yes, for owners of the original K70 RGB and K95 RGB, they will still see flicker with or without the option enabled.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:08 AM

POST ID # = 903900
medickvhs Reputation: 10

Also came looking for information on the same issue. Based on the fact I never got a response on this one when I had to RMA my previous K95 and not seeing anything on the forum about intent to resolve this issue with Cue 2, an issue that was there from the beginning for old hardware. I'd hoped to actually find a solution by now.

When 2 released you guys said it would be compatible with existing tech, but to me this seems to be a compatibility issue. Functioning it is, but when paired with Cue 2 older tech appears poorly made and/or the software poorly polished with these kinds of kinks still occurring.

Last edited by medickvhs; 05-19-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California, U.S.A., Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Local Sheet, Local Volume, Virgo cluster, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe
POST ID # = 903958
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

Quote:
Originally Posted by medickvhs View Post
Also came looking for information on the same issue. Based on the fact I never got a response on this one when I had to RMA my previous K95 and not seeing anything on the forum about intent to resolve this issue with Cue 2, an issue that was there from the beginning for old hardware. I'd hoped to actually find a solution by now.

When 2 released you guys said it would be compatible with existing tech, but to me this seems to be a compatibility issue. Functioning it is, but when paired with Cue 2 older tech appears poorly made and/or the software poorly polished with these kinds of kinks still occurring.
Do you mean that you can demonstrate a profile that lacks flickering in CUE 1, and when imported into CUE 2 shows flickering? If so, please attach the CUE 1 profile to your post. Otherwise, it is a hardware issue of the keyboard, and not a compatibility issue of CUE.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:15 AM

POST ID # = 908499

This simple reactive typing profile I wrote the same day my pre-ordered K95 RGB arrived has never appeared to flicker for me on 3 computers or 3 keyboards. That is, it never has using CUE 1, but CUE 2 with the same hardware it was nearly as bad as the pre-programmed reactive settings in CUE 2 when seen on a K95.
Attached Files
File Type: prf Red-Blue Reactive.prf (277.6 KB, 10 views)

Old 06-18-2017, 10:04 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California, U.S.A., Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Local Sheet, Local Volume, Virgo cluster, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe
POST ID # = 908634
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

Thanks for the upload. I tried importing it to CUE 2 to see the flickering on my K95 RGB, but only the "Red/Blue Reactive: Red/Blue Reactive" profile had G key assignments, and all three profiles had no advanced lighting, and a spiral rainbow in basic lighting.

Did you have to manually recreate the profile on CUE 2, or is there some procedure I can follow to reproduce your results to see the flicker on CUE 2? If you did manually recreate the profile on CUE 2, please attach that profile to your response.

Hopefully Corsair will be able to use the data you're sharing to run a profiler to figure out how to optimize the code path to reduce flicker back to what was in CUE 1.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 AM

POST ID # = 908673

I haven't been able to import that profile (or any other for that matter) directly into CUE 2 since early in the beta, I don't recall the version. Using a variety of methods to recreate the lighting profile within CUE 2 results in varying levels of flicker that normally frustrate me enough to reinstall CUE 1 within the week.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:13 AM

POST ID # = 908679
willianruas Reputation: 10

I have the same problem.
The entire keyboard blinks when I have any effect on any key.
Link to the video I made

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: