Corsair Community

Seeking clarification, 12 fan setup and commander pro

gobstoppable

So i have a large full tower with water cooling radiators. So far i have 4x 3 pack hd120 rgb, so 12x hd120's and im trying to connect them all via corsair link. Ive been reading about the commander pro, and trying to figure out how many i will need, or if I just need 1. Reading on the corsair website it says it can control 6x fans, so does that mean i would need 2x commander pro's? I was reading a review on bit-tech where it said:

"The unit can power up to six RGB fans and four LED strips at once. Alternatively, you could power 12 fans and no LED strips or eight LED strips and no fans."

It make it sound like i can control 12 fans from a single unit? Is it just talking about rgb control? Would i be able to control the speed of 12 fans with one commander pro?

This is how i imagine connecting them all. 6x rgb cables connected to 1 rgb controller, another 6x rgb cables connected to a 2nd rgb controller. These 2 rgb controllers plug into the led slots on the commander pro unit. I then plug 6x fan connectors into the pro unit, and somehow connect the other 6x rgb fans to receive power somewhere else. Am i picturing this correctly? Do I need to buy 2 commander pro's, or can I make it work with just one?

If this is the wrong forum i apologize

1. For the fan LEDs of 12 x HD RGB LED fans 1 x CLCP is sensible and all you need.
  2. You will need 2 x LED hub/controller.
  3. HD + SP fans don't take any power from the CLCP for the LEDs.
  4. For the fans you could get away 1 x CLCP + 6 x 4-pin PWM Y cables. Only 6 fan speeds would be reported and the speeds of each pair would be the same.
  5. Each HD fan takes 0.3 amps, so 3.6 in total which is OK.
  6. With 2 x CLCP you don't need the Y cables and all 12 fans could be independently controlled and all 12 speeds would be reported.
  7. The sensible option is to get 2 x CLCP.
  8. There may be other factors, but as you failed to use http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra I can't comment on them.

I went ahead and filled out my computer parts list. Another question I was wondering is: could I daisy chain 2 clcp's? Plug one clcp into my motherboard header, and the other clcp into the first ones USB slot? Or for full control would they both need to plug into the USB header on my motherboard?

The commander pro has 2 USB connection ports built in, can you not daisy chain commanders? Are those USB ports meant for other things like the aol coolers and whatnot? I have enough open on my motherboard to connect them separately, but for cable management it would be easier to plug the 2nd commander into the first commander. Can this be done, but at the cost of functionality? For instance I could power the 2nd commander with the USB port on the first commander, but I won't have fan speed control or something like that.

Sorry for all the questions lol, my commander pro won't be here for a few days and I can't stop thinking about it lol

The commander pro has 2 USB connection ports built in, can you not daisy chain commanders?

Why are you asking if this will work when I have already specified "It worked when I did this"? Look at what I said in the linked post.

Each CLCP had 2 USB headers which is 4 USB ports.

Each CLCP needs a SATA power connection.

SIV [uSB Bus] screen shot showing my 2 x CLCP/CLCH + 1 X CLNP. Note the 2nd CLCP + CLNP are connected via the USB Hub of 1st CLCP.

Archived