Corsair Community

iCUE not detecting Vengence Pro RGB RAM

KageMonkeyAce

As the title states iCUE doesn't seem to be detecting my RAM so its currently doing the default rainbow wave. I am running on an ASRock Taichi x470 and I currently have no other RGB control software installed. Ive updated the BIOS to the current version, I've tried fixes that other uses reported had worked for them (killing and restarting the Corsair service in task manager, disabling XMP profiles, switching RAM slots) and so far nothing has worked. I can provide more info as needed any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I installed my set tonight. I was running an older version of ICUE (unsure which version, but less than 2 months old)

when I installed them, they did show up in the software but the colors never changed from default rainbow.

Updated to 3.10.125, now the RAM isn't listed at all in the RGB section.

unable to change colors....frustrated.

• 2 weeks later...
As the title states iCUE doesn't seem to be detecting my RAM so its currently doing the default rainbow wave. I am running on an ASRock Taichi x470 and I currently have no other RGB control software installed. Ive updated the BIOS to the current version, I've tried fixes that other uses reported had worked for them (killing and restarting the Corsair service in task manager, disabling XMP profiles, switching RAM slots) and so far nothing has worked. I can provide more info as needed any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I was having the same exact issue as you with my ASRock X470 Taichi. The only thing that worked for me was downgrading the BIOS to version 1.35. Anything later than that, I could not control the memory LEDs at all.

With the new BIOS version 2.0 that was released on December 19, 2018, Icue works perfectly. I would suggest instant flashing to version 2.0 and see if that works if you have not done so already.

Archived