Corsair Community

Should I update to ICUE from CUE?

turbosac

Hello!

So I have a Corsair K55 Keyboard (spanish) and a Corsair Scimitar (I think its 12k DPI). I'm using CUE on v2.24.50... long time since last time I update this and found about Corsair ICUE.

The question is, if I update my software from CUE to ICUE having a K55, would I still be able to control my keyboard's lighting (at least the basic effects like color switch, color pulse, etc) and key remapping? I've read many threads having problems with it. I was wondering if its some kind of bug or is the K55 not supported by ICUE.

Thanks in advance!

When I upgraded from CUE2 to iCUE, it slurped in all my settings which I found really nice... keybinds, lighting effects etc... There was a flattening of standard/enhanced lighting effects in iCUE, so you might see some oddities like standard lighting effects lumped in with your enhanced lighting effects... but I just disabled/deleted those oddities so my lighting returned back to how I had it very quickly.

I use a K95, so not sure about K55.... but I'm pretty sure there is a compatibility thread/sticky that you could look in to ensure your keyboard is supported by iCUE. My post is more to let you know that my settings were preserved/imported with the upgrade to iCUE.

although others have reported differently, in my experience, going forward, not backwards, you generally dont lose anything. That said, certainly save by exporting every last one of your profiles to a safe location. If the new one doesnt work, you can always regress/revert but others have noted there is no backwards translation from Cue 3x (icue) to cue 2x's generally speaking.

• Don't change version if you're 98% happy with your current setup, and are hoping to make minor improvements.

• Don't change program if you're miserable with your CUE 2, and are hoping that ICUE will fix some things that you're miserable with.

• Consider changing if you're making changes to your system and are going to be creating new profiles.

ICUE has a crisper look to it then CUE 2.

If you want to make new profiles for new software then ICUE looks nicer.

If you want to modify existing profiles, or are happy with the way things are working right now, ICUE offers nothing in the way of functional improvements for the purpose of operating backward compatible keyboards or mice.

After changing from CUE 2 to ICUE my profiles were successfully imported, however ICUE failed on me when I copied existing imported CUE 2 profiles to make new profiles.

With Corsair software, changing from CUE 1, CUE 2, and ICUE, is misnamed when called an "UPDATE". Each is different software and has different bugs associated with it. You're fooling yourself if you call it an update.

First of all, thank all of you guys for taking your time to answer my thread!

• Don't change version if you're 98% happy with your current setup, and are hoping to make minor improvements.

• Don't change program if you're miserable with your CUE 2, and are hoping that ICUE will fix some things that you're miserable with.

• Consider changing if you're making changes to your system and are going to be creating new profiles.

You made me reconsider, I am pretty happy with my current setup, I don't expect any bug fixed and I was thinking on creating new profiles but just to play around with them.

I guess I will stay with this software then, unless I change my keyboard!

Thank you too for your answer!

Archived