Corsair Community

A way to save just lighting effects?

IceSpear

Hello, I just today got a K95 RGB Platinum keyboard and while trying to mess around with lighting effects I was wondering is there a way to save only the effects? For example I want to use a lighting effect from another user, but I can only download it as a profile. Since I already have my default profile is there no way I can just take the lighting effects from the shared profile and put it on my own personal profile?

Hello, I just today got a K95 RGB Platinum keyboard and while trying to mess around with lighting effects I was wondering is there a way to save only the effects? For example I want to use a lighting effect from another user, but I can only download it as a profile. Since I already have my default profile is there no way I can just take the lighting effects from the shared profile and put it on my own personal profile?

You can share profiles with users using RGB Share.

1. To upload a profile, see krazykid's thread "Rgb share and how to upload properly!!" for details.
  2. To use only the lighting effects from a profile on RGB Share, just highlight the desired profile without downloading it. (Be sure to select Basic or Advanced to show of the selected profile's lighting to best effect.) You will find that the lighting will appear on your keyboard, but all of the actions you defined in your own profile will still be effective.

The K95 RGB Platinum keyboard is newer than CUE 2, so I am unsure how compatible it is with CUE1, where the feature of exporting lighting only is present. Using a downloaded CUE2 profile, you may have to do manual work to merge the lighting with your own custom actions. Some people have been known to manually edit the cue profiles, but YMMV and you'd be walking outside of support, but if you take a look at the format it's pretty much common sense, and certainly corrupting the cueprofile should not result in any damage to your hardware!

Archived