Corsair Community

HX-1000 3.3v output only 3.232v

1mrdad

Hello, I have owned my HX-1000 since October 2009. It's more than I need, but I got tired of buying larger power supplies every couple of years. According to my motherboard, the output on the 3.3v rail is "only" 3.232v. Is that normal and within specs? Will my system be affected in any way by being only .07 volts lower than 3.3. Excuse my ignorance, but I have just enough knowledge about pc's to be "dangerous". :o:

Hello, I have owned my HX-1000 since October 2009. It's more than I need, but I got tired of buying larger power supplies every couple of years. According to my motherboard, the output on the 3.3v rail is "only" 3.232v. Is that normal and within specs? Will my system be affected in any way by being only .07 volts lower than 3.3. Excuse my ignorance, but I have just enough knowledge about pc's to be "dangerous". :o:

That figure is within the ATX specification. However, if you are not measuring it with a volt meter, your reading may not be accurate. Software voltage readings are notoriously unreliable and cannot be relied upon.

Archived