Corsair Community

H100v2 with ML120s connected - RGB not working?

soochsandals

So I have a H100v2 AIO cooler that had the original fans connected to its Y hub with 2 additional ML120s for case fans. I have the commander pro and rgb hub as the original 2 ML120s are working fine. I decided to add 2 more to my radiator, they are on and working but the RGB is not. I have the ML120s as radiator fans connected to the Y splitter where it covered the cpu. They are also connected to the commander pro, making sure I put the right ones in spots 3 and 4.

The rgb is not working on these, does it have to do with being connected to the pump head? should I get another splitter and connect them directly to my mother board? what is the impact of not having the fans of the radiator connected directly to the pump Y splitter?

It does not matter where the fan power comes from for lighting purposes. Each RGB fan has its own lighting wire and that is the key determinant. I am a little turned around in your description. The original grey SP120L fans are not RGB and I am assuming those are not longer on the radiator. The "additional ML120s" are ML120 RGB (not Pro). You added 2 more ML120-RGB and now have 4 running from the H100i v2 for fan power, and all 4 connected in the 1-4 slots on the RGB Lighting Hub.

1) In iCUE, so to the Commander Pro tab. Click on Lighting Set-up. Make sure your channel is set to 4 ML-RGB fans.

2) RGB Lighting Hub fans 1 and 2 work, but 3 & 4 do not? What happens if you switch fans 2 and 3? These things work in serial so one bad fan will stop the circuit.

#1 worked now that its set to 4 :) thank you very much for your assistance

sorry for the not well thought out question, I was just really unsure why the RGB wasn't working. I had originally bought the 3 pack ML120 RGB PRO but had only 2 for case fans with the original SP120L as 2 radiator fans. I bought an additional ML120 and installed those 2 as the radiator fans. I didn't know I had to change the settings in the lightning setup! Works perfectly now.

Archived