Corsair Community

Memory problems with Asus m/b

OldPeeBee

dual channel works better for your board

And for most boards; but dual channel is not working with this memory and this board.

Asus have been noted as having problems with memory configurations with their m/bs.; but aren't interested in solving my prob, preferring to just blame the memory.

Corsair don't seem to know what this memory is - not in their database.

I'm only interested in obtaining a stable system, (it's as stable as anything with only one stick of memory in) using the full 4Gb of memory that I purchased.

One things for certain; my next system will not have either an Asus board or Corsair memory.

And for most boards; but dual channel is not working with this memory and this board.

Asus have been noted as having problems with memory configurations with their m/bs.; but aren't interested in solving my prob, preferring to just blame the memory.

Corsair don't seem to know what this memory is - not in their database.

I'm only interested in obtaining a stable system, (it's as stable as anything with only one stick of memory in) using the full 4Gb of memory that I purchased.

One things for certain; my next system will not have either an Asus board or Corsair memory.

I wouldn't say that, asus does make very good quality motherboards, but as always some will have their problems. If I were you and you have the possibility to upgrade, i would not invest more money on that computer.

1156 - 1155 - 1150. Not worth investing money on this motherboard, and now if you would want to buy a 1156 socket motherboard would be more difficult.

I wasn't thinking of spending any more money on the system; it also shouldn't need upgrading - I can afford to, but don't see why.

If I can get all 4gb of memory to work properly, then 32bit Windows 7 will be fine.

There's plenty of life in the system for what I use it for. I've never seen the point in having power for no reason, or felt the need to have the latest and fastest of anything.

Archived