Corsair Community

H80i GT - What do I need to to to finalize setup?

jordNZ

Hey everyone!

Just finished my new rig and booted it to make sure it POSTs last night. Everything is good (the H80i GT has a faint clicking from the pump, not very audible - should I be worried?), but I just want to make sure I'm setting everything correctly. I've never used a water cooling solution.

Other than installing Corsair Link when I load Windows 10 up tonight, is there anything else I need to setup (in BIOS or otherwise) to ensure the H80i GT is performing as it should? It was sitting at 16 degrees Celsius in BIOS and the CPU_FAN header (which I hooked the pump into) was reading ~800 RPM. The manual didn't really cover what to do outside of hardware install other than using Corsair Link.

Cheers all!

Thanks for the prompt reply! I didn't see an option to fully disable fan control last night (I'll have a look again), but I can set manual, voltage or PWM mode? Then do I need to set the fan speed at 100% in BIOS too?

And will Corsair Link control variable pump and fan speeds? So in BIOS it should be 100%?

Does that ticking sound like I should be concerned also? Or is that pretty normal with these coolers?

And will Corsair Link control variable pump and fan speeds? So in BIOS it should be 100%?

Does that ticking sound like I should be concerned also? Or is that pretty normal with these coolers?

With PWM mode it does not really matter though I would set 100% anyway.

I don't get this on my H80iGT and it may go away once you set PWM mode.

Thanks redray! Yeah I'm wondering if the noise was due to the low pump speed in BIOS because for the first 3 or 4 seconds of boot when there's no fan control, I can't hear the pump (may be due to louder fans though). Cooling performance seems great though if it's at 16 degrees in BIOS so it doesn't seem faulty.

Thanks again!

Sorry one last thing! Which of these settings do I use? Sorry I know it seems stupid obvious but I'm just double checking in case there's a better setting. I'm used to ASUS BIOS!

This is ripped from my mobo manual:

CPU Fan Control mode

Auto: Lets the BIOS automatically detect the type of CPU fan installed and sets the optimal CPU fan control mode. (Default)

Voltage: Sets Voltage mode for a 3-pin CPU fan.

PWM: Sets PWM mode for a 4-pin CPU fan.

CPU Fan Speed Control (CPU_FAN Connector)

Allows you to determine whether to enable the fan speed control function and adjust the fan speed.

Normal: Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the CPU temperature. You

can adjust the fan speed with System Information Viewer based on your system requirements. (Default)

Silent: Allows the fan to run at slow speeds.

Manual: Allows you to control the fan speed under the Fan Speed Percentage item.

Full Speed: Allows the fan to run at full speeds.

Fan Speed Percentage

Allows you to control the fan speed. This item is configurable only when CPU Fan Speed Control is set

to Manual. Options are: 0.75 PWM value /o

C ~ 2.50 PWM value /o C.

PWM + Full Speed + 100%

Thanks again redray! I've got Win10 running now and tested Corsair Link. It's a terrible piece of software that eats away at CPU, so I don't leave it running, instead just fire it up when I want to change something. I think my pump was sitting around 1800, fans at 1100, so I'm hoping this is all normal.

It's a terrible piece of software that eats away at CPU, so I don't leave it running

Wise decision and even worse than the software is the support from Corsair. I must have itemised over 50 points that they have not even been commented on.

When my CPU is idle my H80iGT pump runs at 1,784 RPM and the fans are around 830 RPM.

Just a follow up reference video I made of the noise: [ame]

[/ame]

My GTX 970 seems to be performing normally now so not sure if I should be concerned (didn't change anything). I changed those CPU fan settings but they didn't make a difference to the sound of the H80i. I think the whirring noise is more attributed to coil whine on the GPU.

Archived