Corsair Community

About H100i V2 Fans

ReflexAction

Sounds completely normal to me... Fans will make more noise as the rpm gets higher

For my H80i v2 I have to set a custom profile and set the fan speed to 25% AND change the fan speed on the Motherboard from level 4 to level 3 for the noise to go away

I can't get too much from that either. The SP120L fans or any other SP120 are not the quietest fans out there. They are designed for radiator use and the consequence of that flat blade and a high RPM limit is more noise. This is what's needed for maximum cooling. If you can get by with less fan power (you likely can), there are quieter options available at the expense of speed.

Another option would be to mount those under the radiator in the push configuration. This moves the blades a little further away from the radiator fins and should reduce the noise somewhat. Might give you 2-3C better temps too, although that is not enough of a reason. If you prefer the look of the fans in pull (above), you can create nearly the same effect buy using rubber mounting frames or a shroud. This is not about vibration dampening, but moving the blades away. Still, you can do both and I have some rubber 7mm Phobya ones that do the trick. You don't want a "gasket" for this. Thicker is better.

That is the mechanical sound of the fan in combination with air buffering, not the cooler. If you are looking for the lowest possible noise profile, you to use a fan appropriate for the job. These fans were designed for the highest possible level of cooling.

As above, moving the fans below the radiator puts a barrier between the fans and the case opening at the top. This usually attenuates some of the fan's inherent mechanical noise.

im not talking about airflow sound its normal of course but its making ''VRRRR'' noise too even at quite mode,its my first time using liquid cooling i thought it will be less noisy than aircooling

It is less noisy than air cooling if you turn the fans all the way down

It says my fans are at about 700 rpm right now and it's completely silent

If you don't mind temps being higher then set a custom profile and set the fan speed to 25%... if you do "fixed speed" it will only allow you to go down to 40%.. so you have to do a profile

For me I also had to turn the fan speed down on my Motherboard... this also reduces the pump rpm though, but with just one notch (level 4 to level 3) the pump rpm is still plenty high, even with it set to "quiet"

Says my pump rpm is about 1600 right now... of course I keep my processor at 0.97 volts 3.7ghz while doing anything super cpu intensive (that uses 75+% of the processor) and while gaming... it doesn't matter... even at 1.65 volts the processor is only 70°C while gaming.. heh.. of course I don't keep it at that voltage, I was just seeing how high I could clock my processor

For an i7 3770K the processor doesn't shut off the computer until 105°C, not sure about an i7 6700K... I'd GUESS around 100

Of course you never want to get the processor any higher than 10°C below its TJMax, or it will start to drastically decrease the life span of the processor... lower is better, optimally no higher than 20-30°C below its TJMax

Anyway, yes, the fans are noisy if turned down even to their lowest fan speed (25%) which is why I also turned the fan speed down with my Motherboard and voila, noise is gone

It is less noisy than air cooling if you turn the fans all the way down

It says my fans are at about 700 rpm right now and it's completely silent

If you don't mind temps being higher then set a custom profile and set the fan speed to 25%... if you do "fixed speed" it will only allow you to go down to 40%.. so you have to do a profile

For me I also had to turn the fan speed down on my Motherboard... this also reduces the pump rpm though, but with just one notch (level 4 to level 3) the pump rpm is still plenty high, even with it set to "quiet"

Says my pump rpm is about 1600 right now... of course I keep my processor at 0.97 volts 3.7ghz while doing anything super cpu intensive (that uses 75+% of the processor) and while gaming... it doesn't matter... even at 1.65 volts the processor is only 70°C while gaming.. heh.. of course I don't keep it at that voltage, I was just seeing how high I could clock my processor

For an i7 3770K the processor doesn't shut off the computer until 105°C, not sure about an i7 6700K... I'd GUESS around 100

Of course you never want to get the processor any higher than 10°C below its TJMax, or it will start to drastically decrease the life span of the processor... lower is better, optimally no higher than 20-30°C below its TJMax

Anyway, yes, the fans are noisy if turned down even to their lowest fan speed (25%) which is why I also turned the fan speed down with my Motherboard and voila, noise is gone

thank you so much i dont know fans are setting %25 with corsair link all noise gone just for 3-4 degrees loss fans are 840 rpm pump is 1800rpm even at load cpu degree is max 50c

thank you so much i dont know fans are setting %25 with corsair link all noise gone just for 3-4 degrees loss fans are 840 rpm pump is 1800rpm even at load cpu degree is max 50c

Awesome, yeah... unless you are overclocking a lot then you can probably turn them even lower than the "quiet" (which really isn't quiet) profile setting and be perfectly fine

Same with pump rpm... "performance" may give you an extra 2°C off ... but it will just make a lot more noise

At high temps (around 70-80) it can give up to about 5°C more off... but if your processor is only 50-60 I wouldn't recommend doing "performance"

Archived