The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2018, 06:09 PM

POST ID # = 935285
janosriippa Reputation: 10
Default Fortnite on PS4 and Corsair Harpoon

Hi! I've been playing Fortnite on PS4 and wanted to try K&M setup. Keyboard works fine but PS4 doesn't recognize Harpoon mouse. The PS4 does recognize Razer and Logitech mice, but after my son bought a Corsair Harpoon, the PS4 doesn't co-operate with Corsair mouse.

Is there any firmware update or something that I could load to Harpoon or what is the reason that the mouse isn't supported by PS4? Would be useful if keyboard and mouse combination on consoles becomes more popular (which I think will happen when developers add M&K support for games). Maybe it would be good for Corsair products to have support asap.

Edit:
After checking Corsair Gaming software there is a firmware update option. I think this problem could be solved with a small firmware update.

Last edited by janosriippa; 01-13-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:29 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935292
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by janosriippa View Post
Hi! I've been playing Fortnite on PS4 and wanted to try K&M setup. Keyboard works fine but PS4 doesn't recognize Harpoon mouse. The PS4 does recognize Razer and Logitech mice, but after my son bought a Corsair Harpoon, the PS4 doesn't co-operate with Corsair mouse.

Is there any firmware update or something that I could load to Harpoon or what is the reason that the mouse isn't supported by PS4? Would be useful if keyboard and mouse combination on consoles becomes more popular (which I think will happen when developers add M&K support for games). Maybe it would be good for Corsair products to have support asap.

Edit:
After checking Corsair Gaming software there is a firmware update option. I think this problem could be solved with a small firmware update.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what would need to be done to enable functionality on a console, but I'll suggest that we explore that and see what happens from there.

That being said, our main focus is on PC at this point in time for our peripherals and we'll keep an eye on the console space as it develops.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:29 AM

POST ID # = 935337
janosriippa Reputation: 10

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess it has something to do with Plug and Play feature or USB version. For example Corsair keyboards need to be in BIOS mode so that they can be used with PS4. I understand Corsairs PC focus, though I think that console gaming with K&M will get a huge boost in future.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:34 AM

POST ID # = 946569
reformaspect Reputation: 10
Thumbs down Bit disappointed, Have to switch to another company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what would need to be done to enable functionality on a console, but I'll suggest that we explore that and see what happens from there.

That being said, our main focus is on PC at this point in time for our peripherals and we'll keep an eye on the console space as it develops.
Just bought a Sabre RGB and now having to return as there is no support for PS4, was looking to make a full corsair set up but now I will have to change to a different company who can actually provide products that will work for what I intend to use them for.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:00 PM

POST ID # = 950662
neo_man11 Reputation: 10
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post

I fully understand the fact that these are PC peripherals, primarily, but having the option to use these peripherals on the console scene could make you stay on the top of the peripheral game. I personally recommend your products EVERYWHERE I go. If this can be resolved with a firmware update, it would be mega appreciated. This comes from a college student with no money trying to get gaming.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:51 PM

POST ID # = 954667
Sauxy Reputation: 10
Default I made a video on how to use a corsair mouse on ps4

How To Use A Corsair Mouse On PS4!