The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Lee_Kay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678315
Lee_Kay Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoPPerNZ View Post
I need a change getting tired of my CM Haf-X, would a 750D be a worthy upgrade? I need decent air flow as i have 2xAsus DC2OC GTX 780. Just wondering if i get the 750d will i miss not having that 200mm side window fan??
No not worth it these cases suck for air flow still. :( till they decide to include a side fan on the case door these cases are never going to be as good as the Haf X. I know because I have them both and I am going to put my pc back in my Haf X because of the terrible over heating issue I have with my current 7990 and 7970 :(
Old 10-13-2013, 10:50 AM
MojoVersion8's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678322
MojoVersion8 Reputation: 10

considering getting this case to replace my 650D, unfortunately it doesn't feel like a complete successor due to the side panels not being screwless (though I can just deal with it), still doesn't have a neat look for those of us who use a DVD/Bluray drive.. guess I should start looking for a good external drive

i kinda like having the option for extra fans in the bottom of the case, since there is no filter though have people started looking at custom DEMCi filters to cover that area?
Old 10-13-2013, 04:23 PM
ChoPPerNZ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678348
ChoPPerNZ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Kay View Post
No not worth it these cases suck for air flow still. :( till they decide to include a side fan on the case door these cases are never going to be as good as the Haf X. I know because I have them both and I am going to put my pc back in my Haf X because of the terrible over heating issue I have with my current 7990 and 7970 :(
Thanks for the reply, almost bought it yesterday as my local shop had 20% off Corsair cases over the weekend, glad i didn't now. I may get the 900D and water-cool my 780s, I also looked at the NZXT 820 case for it air-cooling potential but its so ugly..i want a grown-ups case lol. Love the corsair styling
Old 10-15-2013, 11:53 AM
warface666's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678597
warface666 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutz94 View Post
No it does not. Simply when installing an H100i and that board with the armor it may be necessary to remove the armor.

The board is still a "standard " board and will mount accordingly.
That is correct, the armor plating just does not line up with the built in standoffs of the case. It is a minor gripe so far, the case is so easy to work in and looks great!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 AM
The Joshua Tree's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678994
The Joshua Tree Reputation: 10

Like a few people ive been waiting to see what Corsair would release that would be a possible replacement for the 650D which overall has been a great case, ive read quite a few reviews of the 750D as well as watching a few online video reviews of the case, i wouldn't say that the 750D was a replacement for the 650D.

I like a lot of the things that they have done with the 750D but their are also quite a few things that would niggle me.

Positives:

1. Large cooling area on the top with a magnetic filter which is a nice touch
2. Cable management looks to be excellent with more cable hooks added to the mobo tray especially on the right hand side as you look from the back.
3. The SSD caddies look excellent and a great idea.
4. Twin 140mm fans on the front and a 140mm on the rear.

Negatives:

1. The cable management grommets near the PSU, the first one will be blocked out by quite a lot of PSU's so your only left with one thats useable.
2. Flimsy doors using thumb screws, i'd have expected something a bit more high end from Corsair.
3. The front fans should have had an open design at the front with mesh that allowes you to draw cool air in, the current design isn't great for people wanting an air cooled case.
4. Only 3 x 5.25 bays, i use at least 4 these days so this would rule this case out for me.

Thats just my impressions from the reviews ive seen and the things i picked up, i presume the 750D is aimed at water cooling rather than air so us poeple wanting to upgrade our 650D's will probably have to wait for something else.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 AM
velocityx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679001
velocityx Reputation: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree View Post
Positives:

1. Large cooling area on the top with a magnetic filter which is a nice touch
2. Cable management looks to be excellent with more cable hooks added to the mobo tray especially on the right hand side as you look from the back.
3. The SSD caddies look excellent and a great idea.
4. Twin 140mm fans on the front and a 140mm on the rear.

Negatives:

1. The cable management grommets near the PSU, the first one will be blocked out by quite a lot of PSU's so your only left with one thats useable.
2. Flimsy doors using thumb screws, i'd have expected something a bit more high end from Corsair.
3. The front fans should have had an open design at the front with mesh that allowes you to draw cool air in, the current design isn't great for people wanting an air cooled case.
4. Only 3 x 5.25 bays, i use at least 4 these days so this would rule this case out for me.

Thats just my impressions from the reviews ive seen and the things i picked up, i presume the 750D is aimed at water cooling rather than air so us poeple wanting to upgrade our 650D's will probably have to wait for something else.
I'm glad the case doesn't have an open design in front. After some months the front mesh looks like crap from all the dust, so i'm happy I don't have that with that case. And yes, I'm going WC next year so not an issue for some.

Front bay is useless for me, will take it out to make more rad space, didn't use a front bay since like 2007.

so see, each person, different needs ;]
Old 10-18-2013, 11:20 AM
RIASROC MAN
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679009
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 158
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

actually the more 5.25 bays for me,the better it is
i use one for my dvd and all others are used as hotswap bays.one has a 4 bay hotswap,one has a 3 bay,and another has a 1 bay hotswap.
best feature yet for me...
G620 H-80 1st Build http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psd78bce8e.png

4930K Custom Loop-4th Build - http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...9197e362.pngok
Old 10-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679016
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Kay View Post
The airflow of the 750D is fine and plenty of independent reviews have verified that. The Haf X has a more brute force approach to airflow; it's going to be better but you have to deal with all of the pros and cons of a side panel intake.

You have essentially 600+ watts of graphics hardware, both have open air coolers spewing hot air back into the enclosure and at each other, and one of the cards is known and widely reported to have serious heat issues. I don't think the fact that the 750D doesn't have a side intake should be a strike against it.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Support Assistant
peanutz94's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679056
peanutz94 Reputation: 82

I feel the same about the 5.25 bays. I use all four of mine too. BD burner , dual bay res, and a fan controller. I really wish i had one more for that nifty cigarette lighter frozenCPU has!

The only real thing that I wish it had was the quick latches for the panels. But it still a good looking case.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:35 AM
The Joshua Tree's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679116
The Joshua Tree Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutz94 View Post
The only real thing that I wish it had was the quick latches for the panels. But it still a good looking case.
Same here, i'd say this 750D is aimed more at water cooling for people that want a scaled down version of a 900D.

If they did a 650D replacement i'd like to see it as similar in design to the 750D but with the following changes.

1. Latches for the side doors but have a full sized window like the 750D, the latches could be made smaller as they are quite big on the 650D then position them slightly higher up.

2. At least 4 x 5.25 optical bays

3. I like the flip door on the top that hides the top ports and reset switch, keep that and keep the power button and LED indicator in a similar place.

4. The front panel needs to be fine mesh for a 650D replacement, NO honeycomb mesh though in front of the fan which created noise and reduced air flow on the 650D which meant quite a few people removed that honeycomb chassis mesh.

Basically the same case as the 750D as it has great cable management space but with the above changes, move the rubber grommets to the side more where the PSU is as the current design will block off one grommet with quite a lot of PSU's.

Last edited by The Joshua Tree; 10-19-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Support Assistant
peanutz94's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679119
peanutz94 Reputation: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree View Post
Same here, i'd say this 750D is aimed more at water cooling for people that want a scaled down version of a 900D.

If they did a 650D replacement i'd like to see it as similar in design to the 750D but with the following changes.

1. Latches for the side doors but have a full sized window like the 750D, the latches could be made smaller as they are quite big on the 650D then position them slightly higher up.

2. At least 4 x 5.25 optical bays

3. I like the flip door on the top that hides the top ports and reset switch, keep that and keep the power button and LED indicator in a similar place.

4. The front panel needs to be fine mesh for a 650D replacement, NO honeycomb mesh though in front of the fan which created noise and reduced air flow on the 650D which meant quite a few people removed that honeycomb chassis mesh.

Basically the same case as the 750D as it has great cable management space but with the above changes, move the rubber grommets to the side more where the PSU is as the current design will block off one grommet with quite a lot of PSU's.
I'll go along with that!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Severian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679695
Severian Reputation: 10

Just got mine and I'm looking forward to building in it. At some point, though, I do hope they release a side panel with fan mounts -- preferably not all mesh like the 650D, but plexi with a couple of 120mm or 140mm holes towards the back.

I'll miss the hot-swap bay from my 650D, but honestly I've used it about three times and I have an external dock if I need it.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:33 PM
warface666's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679707

Hopefully they do make a side panel with fans because I will go right back to mine. For now, it has to sit all lonely looking sleek while I rock the metal monstrosity that is the HAF X for cooling.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Shaman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 679817
Corsair Shaman Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by warface666 View Post
Hopefully they do make a side panel with fans because I will go right back to mine. For now, it has to sit all lonely looking sleek while I rock the metal monstrosity that is the HAF X for cooling.
We brought this idea / suggestion to the product manager. All we can do now is to wait and see. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:45 PM
warface666's PC Specs

POST ID # = 680517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair SimplyOrange View Post
We brought this idea / suggestion to the product manager. All we can do now is to wait and see. Thanks for the input.
Thank you for forwarding the idea! I really appreciate it.

I would like to update that my switch to HAF X has given me a 10c decrease in temps on my GPU's under full load (bf4 on ultra). That said, the 750D is by far a better case for working in as well as looks so I am praying they can do an additional purchase side panel with a 240mm fan (go big).

Putting my stuff in the HAF drew blood so.....get on it!!