I had no problem with my upgrade.
What I did:
- Deleted Profiles and reset to default
- Installed new version of corsair link
- Started corsair link, went to device management
- Selected Update Firmware, choose the cooling node, and browsed for the file
- Waited about 10 seconds, update completed
- Setup new profile
Some feedback on the upgrade so far:
- I tried a fan that was previously not working. CM Sickleflow 120mm 2000RPM. Previously it ran at about 1200rpm with no control. I can now control the speed between 500-2000rpm. The LED flickers at less than full speed, and the motor is noisy, but it is controllable and doesn't overheat like before.
- My emax TB Silent fans previously on first boot would start at 500RPM, but after 5-10 minutes would race to 1500RPM and I would lose control. Setting to Max RPM would drop it back to 500rpm, with no control. I did not notice this last night after the upgrade, but I will report back after a few days.
- My H80 randomly revs up both fans briefly, going from 850-1200rpm. After a second it drops down again to 850. I have not confirmed whether this is due to the CPU temp being right on a transition area of my custom curve, since I had to set those up with the new profile. It was quite distracting, so I set my fans to fixed RPM to stop it.
- The Firmware update doesn't seem to change how it applies the profile to the H80; It still runs flat out until I start the software. Not sure if this was even addressed in this update.
Questions / Suggestions
- Was the reason for the profile deletion because we have the Beta? It was frustrating to have to setup the profile again. Can Corsair confirm whether the profile could have been backed up / restored, or if the file format changed, whether an export / import system could be added to the software?