The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Customer Service > Customer Care

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 575987
Wired Reputation: 16

They pay for the shipping to you and you pay for shipping to them. Never heard of someone who had to pay for shipping both ways.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)
Old 05-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Corsair Tech Mktg

POST ID # = 575998
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46
Send a message via AIM to Yellowbeard

If you RMA to Corsair, you pay shipping to Corsair. We pay to ship it back to you.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 576114
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

TheAlchemist
Have you spoke to our customer service? I would strongly suggest you speak with them about this I am sure they will do what ever they can to help you.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:25 AM
TheAlchemist's PC Specs

POST ID # = 576293
TheAlchemist Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
TheAlchemist
Have you spoke to our customer service? I would strongly suggest you speak with them about this I am sure they will do what ever they can to help you.
No I didn't speak with them. They asked me for a phone number so they could call me, but I am not prepared to give my credit card details over the phone for the advanced RMA, nor am I willing to spend loads of money to ship the PSU to the Netherlands, and then probably pay a repair fee. Aria, the company I bought it from, haven't replied to a single email or forum post, so it's all come to a standstill.

I am really quite upset by all this. I am almost certainly going to be out of pocket for either a new PSU, new motherboard, or both. Even if one company (Corsair or Asus) would admit to a fault, I expect there is no chance they will a) repair/replace for free, and b) cover the expense of replacing or repairing the part which wasn't at fault, but was damaged. I have written off companies in the past because I was unhappy with their after-market support, and it's becoming harder and harder to find PC part manufacturers who don't have overly-complicated CS, or non-existent CS.

It seems nobody wants to just give a straight answer any more.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 576298
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

TheAlchemist
We cannot speak to you about this on the forum for the same reasons you don't want to give out your credit information over the phone. As I have stated several times now the questions and answers may be different when you speak to someone over the phone. It is more secure than posting that information over the forum. Please just call them instead of driving your self nuts. At least then you will know what your options are.
In addition, we are a corporation not a small company and we have been doing Business as Corsair for more than 15 years and I have been here ten years we have never charged anyone for a repair.
All of this and more can be explained to you over the phone. I would suggest installing skype and calling the toll free number it will not cost you a dime. shilling or peso or what ever money you use.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: